HELP: Anchoring a note to non-bible reference?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 551
Liam Maguire | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 17 2020 12:17 AM

Hi all, 

Is it possible to anchor a note to a reference (not selected text) in a resource that isn't a bible? 

For example, can I anchor a note to Chapter 1.7 of the Westminster confession so that the note appears at the same place in all the version of the confession that I own? 

Thanks in advance, Liam

Carpe verbum.

Posts 32113
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 17 2020 12:53 AM

Verbum 8 Notes: Adding a new anchor to a non-biblical resource by reference rather than by selected text see this and umpteen zillion similar posts complaining that this is a bug that bothers users. Okay, I'll admit my count is a wee bit high..

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 551
Liam Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 20 2020 3:30 PM

Thanks for the quick reply, MJ. this is annoying beyond words. I doubt we’ll ever see this feature added by the looks of it. what A shame.

Does anyone know any work around? 

thanks again, L

Carpe verbum.

Posts 26583
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 23 2020 6:14 PM

Liam & Abi Maguire:
For example, can I anchor a note to Chapter 1.7 of the Westminster confession so that the note appears at the same place in all the version of the confession that I own? 

Is this what you mean?

If you want to create a Note by reference from the Confession:

• right click a word in the chapter
  • select Reference  on LHS 
  • select Take a Note on the RHS
  • the Note will propagate to the other Confession resource
  • The Anchor appears in the Note as above

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 32113
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 23 2020 6:56 PM

Note carefully - Dave gave the answer for adding a new note; I gave the answer for adding a reference to an existing note.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS