Change log for updates.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
John Weston | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 18 2020 8:57 AM

I have been using Logos for about 13 years. I have not been able to find out what the changes are for each of the resources. Some of these books and bibles are old, and it surprises me that there are continually updated. 

Is anyone aware of a log to what changes are being applied to the resources?

Posts 26973
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 18 2020 9:34 AM

Hi John,

John Weston:
Is anyone aware of a log to what changes are being applied to the resources?

There is no log of changes to a resource. But they wouldn't be interesting reading on the whole. They would include incorrect references, manuscript typos, or changes/additions to the tagging that Logos creates for Searching. Some changes are addressed in the forums e.g. threads with title Attn. Kyle, and there could be an indication of when they will be implemented.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 29732
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 18 2020 10:06 AM

John Weston:
it surprises me that there are continually updated.

That is the point of having a Logos library. We expect that resources are updated to provide new functionality. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2
John Weston | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 18 2020 2:45 PM

Thank you. I am in IT by trade and to see so many updates without logs seems odd. When updating other software, there are normally logs to know what has been updated or changed. But it appears that the content isn't being updated as much as the backup references. Thank you. 

Posts 19388
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 18 2020 5:18 PM

John Weston:
I am in IT by trade and to see so many updates without logs seems odd.

Welcome Big Smile

If want to work with internal resource changes, including logs, at Faithlife Corporation, recommend applying => https://faithlife.com/careers

Thankful for Faithlife forum posts like Dataset Updates: Tuesday, April 14, 2020and Dataset Updates: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 that alert about a variety of resource updates. Thankful for Faithlife maintaining software release notes in Logos Wiki => Logos 8 Release Notes

John Weston:
Some of these books and bibles are old, and it surprises me that there are continually updated.

Optical Character Recognition (OCR) was used => Industrial Grade OCR (years ago) to scan documents into digital format (provides opportunities for many corrections). For Bibles, Faithlife Corporation strives for incredible accuracy, but can still have typographical error(s). Part of American Standard Version 1901 - Personal Bible without Chapter and Verse #'s preparation was comparing every chapter in personal book Bible with the Logos ASV edition, which found some Logos typos to report in December 2011 (after verifying 1929 printed edition of 1901 ASV was different than Logos ASV edition). Public domain ASV text had noticeably more typos than Logos ASV edition. Faithlife accuracy for edition:Logos resources is 99.98 % (or better) => https://community.logos.com/forums/p/104720/724388.aspx#724388 (Bob Pritchett is Faithlife CEO). Accuracy for edition:eBook depends on publisher who provides digital content to Faithlife. Likewise accuracy for edition:User depends on user's docx file(s).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 33271
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 18 2020 6:15 PM

John Weston:

Thank you. I am in IT by trade and to see so many updates without logs seems odd. When updating other software, there are normally logs to know what has been updated or changed. But it appears that the content isn't being updated as much as the backup references. Thank you. 

The software does have change logs. What you are asking for is the equivalent of asking printed books for a change log for each new printing. We aren't even given them for most new editions except for certain Bible translations.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS