Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 997
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 28 2020 6:56 AM

I know this is an old subject.  I'm running macOS Catalina 10.15.4 on a MacBook Pro.  I've tried to find posts from years past and located this one from Mark Barnes.  It seemed promising but I am unable to install the Send to Kindle for Mac software from Amazon nor is it os something similar available in the App Store that I can tell.  Any thoughts?

Posts 28700
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 28 2020 7:19 AM

Deacon Steve:
It seemed promising but I am unable to install the Send to Kindle for Mac software from Amazon

Did you try the email option? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 997
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 28 2020 8:25 AM

No I have not.  Let me do some research on the steps.  I’ll post back.

Posts 997
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 28 2020 12:27 PM

OK.  I think I have made some progress but I'm still not there.  I'm not seeing an "email" option for sending something to my Kindle.  And for clarification I have a Kindle Paperwhite 7th Generation.  I am wanting to see if I can have some of my journals on the Kindle.

I opened a journal in Verbum and highlighted a small portion for a test.

I exported that selection to a Word (.docx) file.  Kindle Create (next step) says that it supports .docx and will reformat according. 

I was able to locate this article on Amazon's website with the associated links to create a kindle compatible file.  I used the Kindle Create app for macOS.

After previewing the sample I generated the file(s).

I then connected the Kindle to my MacBook Pro via compatible USB cable and was able to "see" the Kindle as an external drive.

I copied the files created by the Kindle Create app on to the Kindle (drag and drop).

I see the files on the Kindle but when I open my library on the Kindle I do not see the "book"

I must be missing something.

Posts 28700
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 28 2020 2:27 PM

every kindle device has a unique email address associated with it one registered. You will have to search around your account  on amazon. It’s probably under “devices.”

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 11315
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 28 2020 2:35 PM

JT (alabama24):

every kindle device has a unique email address associated with it one registered. You will have to search around your account  on amazon. It’s probably under “devices.”

Or on his PW, Settings > Your Account > Send to Kindle

For others curious:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle/email 

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 997
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 29 2020 5:11 AM

That worked perfectly!  Thank you so much for being patient with me.  I had never considered having other content on my Kindle - I bought it after the Send to Kindle functionality was decommissioned in Logos/Verbum.  I was making it more complicated than it needed to be.  Thanks again Smile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS