Construct search of "Truly, I say ..."?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 138
Deon Holtzhausen | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 11 2020 2:52 AM

Hi and thanks for your help.

I want to start a study for myself of all Jesus' teaching moments started by "Truly, I say ..." (amen egw)

I think I found all of the occurrences by just do a Bible search of top Bibles: "Truly, I say" I was hoping to find a sense of "teaching/learning" but couldn't. How would you construct a search like this? Will appreciate your comments.

Deon

Posts 23569
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 11 2020 3:20 AM

As you are interested in a particular Greek phrase I would search for those words in a Greek New Testament and show an English translation alongside as below:

Does this match with what you found?

Posts 138
Deon Holtzhausen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 11 2020 5:13 AM

Hi Graham.

Thank you very much. With the English search I got 72 results. Will check which ones are extra compared with the Greek.

Thank you once again.

Deon

Posts 138
Deon Holtzhausen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 11 2020 7:50 AM

Hi Graham.

Is there a way to export the results-list to Word or something like that? I did manage to save it as a Passage list but I need to take it to something else so I can make a list on such a document. I hope you understand what I mean.

Posts 190
Martin Hall | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 11 2020 8:26 AM
In the upper right hand corner you will see 3 dots stacked on top of each other, if you click on this, it will give you a menu. One of the options is to "Save as a Passage List".
Posts 23569
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 11 2020 8:31 AM

Martin Hall:
In the upper right hand corner you will see 3 dots stacked on top of each other, if you click on this, it will give you a menu

That same menu gives you a Print / Export option which enables you to save the results to a Word document

Posts 138
Deon Holtzhausen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 11 2020 9:17 AM

Graham Criddle:

That same menu gives you a Print / Export option which enables you to save the results to a Word document

Thanks Graham. I missed the Export option. Embarrassed

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS