Your website and Forums are hot

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 67
Fabian | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, May 17 2020 6:20 AM

Hello 

I love to open your website or the Forums in the winter, because my MacBook Pro starts with Safari instantly the fan. So my house get warmer. 

But in the summer I don't like it. 

Come on!!!! Your website is rubbish. As soon as I go on it, even if I'm signed out, the fan of my Mac starts and the battery power goes down, faster than my fuel meter on the German Autobahn by full speed. I have seen no other website with this annoying behavior like your website has. It is so rubbish that even Safari complains. And Safari only complains by your website. 

MacOS Catalina 10.15.5

Safari 13.1.1

Fabian

Posts 6609
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 17 2020 6:25 AM

Just opened the website without any complaints from my laptop. Same applies to the forums.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 67
Fabian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2020 5:27 AM

Mmmh I had this every time on the Forums from Logos and on Logos.com.

Just right now. I open this thread and the fan starts. 

So I stay still to my words. 

Posts 11060
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2020 6:25 AM

First, I don't have a Mac, and 2nd, I'm not a FL expert. But their advert system is periodically bizarre (and carefully honed to anger the customer).  And I have other sites which literally lock up, when they don't know how to handle advert exceptions.

Just curious ... what happens to the fan when you turn off the web (leaving the browser with Logos.com open). Does it calm down?

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 2278
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2020 7:10 AM

My fans are loafing on my laptop. How long since you vacuumed yours?  I bet they are full of dust bunnies.  

Posts 11060
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2020 7:36 AM

GaoLu:

My fans are loafing on my laptop. How long since you vacuumed yours?  I bet they are full of dust bunnies.  

So, Logos attracts dust bunnies? Or dust bunnies use Logos? Smiling.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 2588
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2020 7:48 AM

I have CPU spikes when browsing pages with video ads.

I don't have this issue with Logos sites and the forum at all, except for one incident some years ago with a Logos video ad playing.

If I had this issue now I would try to reset Safari, and scan for viruses. Resetting SMC and PRAM might be worth a try.

Also, if I were running beta MacOS, I would report the issue on the Apple forums. Maybe your statement "your website is rubbish" is both incorrect and unfair.

Posts 67
Fabian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2020 12:09 PM

My Macbook Pro is from Nov 2018. 

There is no DUST.

Posts 67
Fabian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2020 12:15 PM

Mmmh

I have also AdGuard running maybe this can be the cause. 

Yes it calms down immediately. And really it is only on Logos.com.

The bug is reproducible. 

Your suggestion with the Adverts are correct. As I switched off AdGuard the fans turnded off. Thanks for that.

Conclusion: The adverts on the page are rubbish and should be disabled from Logos. I don't need this ads. On Logos.com as on the Logos app.

Posts 342
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2020 1:18 PM

Are you seeing Ads from anyone else besides Faithlife/Logos/Proclaim?

Und nur so als kultureller Tipp: Mit Fluchen kommt man Amerikanern, insbesondere bei Christen, noch viel weniger weit als anderswo....

Posts 735
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2020 4:25 PM

I have things like "Flash Control" and "Autoplay Stopper" on my chrome browser. I don't feel anything different than any other webpage.

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM

Ultimate: Verbum | Diamond: Orthodox  | Gold: Eastern Rite, Ordinariate, Anglican | Silver: Baptist, Lutheran, Messianic, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 2588
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2020 4:34 PM

Bernhard:

Und nur so als kultureller Tipp: Mit Fluchen kommt man Amerikanern, insbesondere bei Christen, noch viel weniger weit als anderswo....

Genau, und Willkommen im Forum!

I hope for the OP's sake that the bug is in the website, not on his computer, his beta macOS, or the non-standard third-party software.

Posts 342
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 28 2020 12:39 AM

Lee:
Willkommen im Forum!

Danke, ich bin aber schon eine Weile dabei. Ich habe meine E-Mailadresse verändert und warte darauf, dass der Kundenservice meine alten Posts mit der neuen Adresse verknüpft Wink

Posts 3
Harold Costa | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 28 2020 5:09 AM

You can check all thing before complaining  because few thing may be missing to update.

Posts 67
Fabian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 29 2020 7:04 AM

Ja ich weiss, die halten sich für die Erlöser der Welt. Und bei den Bibelsoftware verstärkt sich das noch um den Faktor 10.

Ne ne, die sollen ruhig merken, dass ich das nicht will.

Grüsse

Posts 2588
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 29 2020 7:24 PM

Get a life.

Posts 67
Fabian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 30 2020 1:16 AM

As you can read above. I have this issue ONLY with logos.com. No other website let my fan starts like a helicopter.

So the botch is definitely on the Logos side.

Posts 67
Fabian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 30 2020 1:25 AM

Ha ha funny, if there is something to complain always the advocates jumps in.

Do they really think, their software had no bugs, nothing to improve etc. Come on, don't lie to yourself. There are bugs and there are parts to improve.

And yes, I really hate adverts, so don't turn off  AdGuard. 

Posts 29340
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 30 2020 1:35 AM

Fabian:

No other website let my fan starts like a helicopter.

So the botch is definitely on the Logos side.

Give me a break.  You indicated above that it was your ad blocker

Fabian:

Your suggestion with the Adverts are correct. As I switched off AdGuard the fans turned off. Thanks for that.

Complain to AdGuard that their software does not properly handle the Logos site ... a problem that people using other ad guards aren't experiencing.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2588
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 30 2020 2:18 AM

Fabian:

Ha ha funny, ... Come on, don't lie to yourself. 

Seriously, get a life.

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS