damaged or incomplete software--can't open

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 26
Mike Finnie, MDiv, Theology | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 1 2010 9:22 AM

Logos 4 mac auto updated two days ago and then wouldn't open.  the application logo has the appearance of the text application with a circle with line over it indicating it is no good.  when I try to launch the application, a dialogue box appears that says "You can't open the application Logos Bible Software 4 because it may be damaged or incomplete." 

I downloaded the mac engine and tried to reinstall, but when I double click on it, it goes as far as asks me if I really want to open the app, and then does nothing after I confirm I want to.

Any help would be appreciated.  thanks,

Mike

Posts 3188
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 2 2010 12:14 PM

Mike:

When you say you tried to reinstall, did you just try to copy another app over the one that was there, or did you delete the app file prior to the second download/attempted install? 

Posts 26

I just tried reinstalling it, I'm guessing over the old one.  I'm assuming my next step is to throw the application in the trash and reinstall it.  Is that correct?

Posts 3188
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 2 2010 4:24 PM

MIke:

Could you post the logs from trying to open it one more time? Instructions are linked from my signature on how to do so.

Posts 26

Here's the log.  never did this before but I followed the directions.  Hope it's what you need.

Mike81060.Archive.zip

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS