SUGGESTION: Read Aloud - Dynamic/Automatic Selection of Voice

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 1813
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 9 2020 3:54 AM

Please see this UserVoice item.

It would really be handy if Logos would choose a system narrator (from voices installed in the OS) dynamically or automatically based on the language in the resource's metadata.

For example, I have three Ivona voices installed: English, Spanish (Castilian), and French (France). (BTW, my wife is the smart one; I'm still working on English.). Unless I'm missing a setting, to change voices I must exit Logos, change voices in Windows 10 (using the old Control Panel applet), then restart Logos. At my age, I must then remember what it was that I was going to listen to in the first place.

The Ivona Reader app on Windows 10 is able to choose narrator voices from within the program without forcing an OS setting change, so that part seems to be possible. (A scaled-down implementation of this suggestion might at least offer a choice in the resource's panel menu.)

My Fire tablet's Kindle app is able to choose voices automatically based on metadata language. I know that's a different animal, but a good analogy. (Please save the Fire tablet tongue-clucking; at least it does this well.)

Win 10 | Android 9 | Fire OS 5

Posts 1418
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 9 2020 6:22 AM

I’m not an Apple fanboy but this is the #1 reason I am using the Logos Bible iOS app. It is not perfect but it will even switch to (Modern) Greek or Hebrew when it encounters an original languages citation in a resource.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS