17 hour Mobile Ed Ezekiel course for $100?

Page 2 of 5 (87 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 86 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 2644
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 8 2020 6:26 AM

NB.Mick:
Now for the other 40% bidders!

Now for waiting for additional increments below $100... Big Smile

Also, lowering this one to $80 might also be a worthwhile project:

https://www.logos.com/product/193389/mobile-ed-et201-introduction-to-christian-ethics-contemporary-issues

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 11126
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 8 2020 6:35 AM

Jan Krohn:

The suggested bid may soon change to $80 at that one (I just bid that amount and half expected it to switch over), but at 20% that course has a long way to go - and if the there are no higher bids, and interest stays low, it may never make it out of CP.

Daniel Block's 17-hours course on Hezekiel, however, is now 60% funded at $100, which is an absolute steal for the amount of material, and with a really first-rate scholar teaching it, I do hope many people come aboard and make this a reality fast.  

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 139
Robert | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 8 2020 6:49 AM

+1 Yes

Grace and peace. <><

Posts 7628
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 8 2020 8:51 AM

Let’s keep it at $100 and if plenty of people sign up it should automatically go down to a lower price 👍😁👌

Posts 11126
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 8 2020 3:02 PM

DAL:

Let’s keep it at $100 and if plenty of people sign up it should automatically go down to a lower price 👍😁👌

It will only go lower than $100 if Faithlife adjusts the steps and configures bids lower than that (and of course, math applies: you'll need twice the number of bids for $50 than for $100). But usually they do adjust the steps in cases like this, so maybe an end-run down to $90 or $80 is possible. However, we still need more bids, I agree with your wording of "plenty of people".  

Posts 2644
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 8 2020 3:35 PM

NB.Mick:
It will only go lower than $100 if Faithlife adjusts the steps and configures bids lower than that (and of course, math applies: you'll need twice the number of bids for $50 than for $100). But usually they do adjust the steps in cases like this, so maybe an end-run down to $90 or $80 is possible. However, we still need more bids, I agree with your wording of "plenty of people". 

Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 3919
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 8 2020 11:36 PM

$60 is the new minimum! (Bid what you want, obviously.)

Thanks, Jan and NB.Mick for mentioning this to Miles, and thanks, Miles and the team, for the quick response!

https://www.logos.com/product/192163/mobile-ed-ot362-book-study-ezekiel

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 81
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2020 3:59 AM

PetahChristian:
$60 is the new minimum!

Thanks, PC Bid 60.

Posts 2644
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2020 4:50 AM

Not sure what's the best strategy... First lower it to $90, then $80 etc., or straight to $60...?

I'd personally consider $75 a good price, but in lack of that particular increment, I bid $70 for now. Maybe I'll increase that for strategic purposes later. We just need to be cautious not to allow the price to jump back to $180, but the $100 increment has a good lead by now.

As for the ethics course, the current commitments are:

$80 - 19.91%

$150 - 19.28%

So we need maybe two or three more bids on that. Even if you're not interested in the course, I'd like to ask you to consider placing a bid at $80, and then remove it again in a few days, once the $80 price has gained enough traction on its own.

Posts 7628
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2020 4:57 AM

The only issue will be that as soon as it hits $100 the closing date will kick in; and then orders will literally have to flow in to get it to $90 or $80 or any lower number for that matter.  My mind has been set to $100 so if it doesn’t get any lower, I’m fine with it.

DAL

Posts 617
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2020 5:36 AM

DAL:

My mind has been set to $100 so if it doesn’t get any lower, I’m fine with it.

DAL

Me too. Getting it for $100 would be a saving of more than 83%! Definitely worth it Big Smile

Posts 3919
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2020 9:20 AM

I'm amazed at how quickly this course is being funded. $100 has already passed 70%!

Posts 617
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 11 2020 4:47 PM

PetahChristian:

I'm amazed at how quickly this course is being funded. $100 has already passed 70%!

Absolutely. It's gone from being 40% funded at $100 just a month ago to being 70% funded now. If the trend continues, the course should be fully funded at - or perhaps even less than - $100 in just a few more weeks Big Smile

Posts 11126
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2020 1:30 AM

Gordon Jones:
It's gone from being 40% funded at $100 just a month ago to being 70% funded now. If the trend continues, the course should be fully funded at - or perhaps even less than - $100 in just a few more weeks

Let's hope so. 

Currently it's #7 of all CommunityPricing products sorted by progress, but some things seems to stall even at such high percentages (LEB Audio OT might be an example):

regarding high percentage: 75% funded - that's how I read the green bubble's current position on https://www.logos.com/product/192163/mobile-ed-ot362-book-study-ezekiel - means that for every three users who are on board with a bid of $100 or more, we need one other to bid. That's better than if the ratio was the other way around, but still some way to go. Keeping this thread alive may help getting the interest of users who normally don't do CP but are interested to grab such a course at an exceptional price.

And of course, this price may go down even more if many bidders join.

EDIT: and there's a good chance that they will join: OT362 ranks #98 on the list sorted by bestselling, i.e. there are many users who do CP and haven't yet bit for this course - unlike those high on this list where "everybody" has already placed a bid and it's still unfunded (NB: I still can't get the LEB OT Audio thing, it's $8 and people will get their bid money back to buy something else, thus bidding is just a token support, costing nothing, and it still stalled @ 80% forever: people who read this and wonder about CP, just take heart and bid for it, it's without risk). 

Posts 617
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2020 5:14 AM

The green dot is now touching the 80% funded line at $100, which is very exciting. That works out as a discount of 83%!

www.logos.com/product/192163/mobile-ed-ot362-book-study-ezekiel Wow!

Let's keep this thread going Big Smile

Posts 617
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 21 2020 3:41 PM

NB.Mick:

Keeping this thread alive may help getting the interest of users who normally don't do CP but are interested to grab such a course at an exceptional price.

Yes

Posts 7628
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 21 2020 3:48 PM

👍😁👌

Posts 3919
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 8:23 AM

https://www.logos.com/product/192163/mobile-ed-ot362-book-study-ezekiel

It looks like $100 is now 80% funded.

Jan, can the API give us any clue into how many new bidders we’d need to reach 100%?

Has FL mentioned this CP in any of their emails?

Posts 2644
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 25 2020 4:58 PM

PetahChristian:

Jan, can the API give us any clue into how many new bidders we’d need to reach 100%?

Actually, it can. Current percentage committed at $100 is 81.00%.

Adding one bid increases that figure to 81.20%.

Therefore, we only need 16 more bids to hit the 100%.

Posts 617
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 26 2020 1:31 AM

Jan Krohn:

Current percentage committed at $100 is 81.00%..., we only need 16 more bids to hit the 100%.

Yes

Page 2 of 5 (87 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS