For the Love of God Reading Plan

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 123
Michael Fordham | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 14 2020 3:39 AM

There have been several posts about this over the years, but I can't understand what the solution is.

1. I know there is a M'Cheyne reading plan, but I want to use D.A. Carson's version of it using the Logos books "For the Love of God" which is slightly different.

2. I know that if I open "For the Love of God", it will take me to the current day's reading, however I want to start it from the beginning today, so effectively resetting the dates.

3. What I am trying to achieve is to have my Bible open the readings referenced in "For the Love of God" for each day, just like it does for any other reading plan.

I don't mind if I have to create the list myself which I should be able to do relatively easily in some sort of csv format (I see some examples of that here but aren't sure how to turn them into a reading pan: https://wiki.logos.com/Reading_Plans).

I'm sure I am making this much harder than it really is, so any help would be appreciated.

Michael

Posts 10739
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 14 2020 5:18 AM

Do you have the Courses Tool? It contains a course for each volume.

Posts 123
Michael Fordham | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 14 2020 8:27 AM

Jack Caviness:
Do you have the Courses Tool? It contains a course for each volume.

Hi Jack, I do have the courses tool, but couldn't see that book covered in the available courses.  I appreciate your suggestion, but I'm not sure that is exactly what I'm after although perhaps it is?

Posts 123
Michael Fordham | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 14 2020 8:45 AM

This is from the plan in the book:

I was thinking that I perhaps could take that, change the dates to start from next week for example, and separate the readings with semi-colons and import it into a reading plan. But probably not although it shouldn't be too hard for Logos.

Posts 10739
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 15 2020 3:27 PM

Michael Fordham:
Hi Jack, I do have the courses tool, but couldn't see that book covered in the available courses.

Interesting. Was going to send you a screenshot showing the courses, but all I found was the one currently in progress. I had previously completed volume 2 and started volume 1 this past New Year. Don't know why they were removed.

Posts 10739
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 15 2020 3:40 PM

Carson uses a modification of this plan:

The M’Cheyne plan

Genesis-2 Chronicles | Matthew-John; Psalm; Acts-Revelation | Ezra-Job; Proverbs-Malachi | Acts-Revelation; Matthew-Mark; Psalm; Luke-John

You can find this plan and others at https://wiki.logos.com/Reading_Plans#Horner_10_track_reading_plan_approximation 

M'Cheyne is  a fair bit down the list.

Posts 123
Michael Fordham | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 15 2020 11:33 PM

Jack Caviness:

Carson uses a modification of this plan:

The M’Cheyne plan

Genesis-2 Chronicles | Matthew-John; Psalm; Acts-Revelation | Ezra-Job; Proverbs-Malachi | Acts-Revelation; Matthew-Mark; Psalm; Luke-John

You can find this plan and others at https://wiki.logos.com/Reading_Plans#Horner_10_track_reading_plan_approximation 

M'Cheyne is  a fair bit down the list.

Thank you for your reply Jack, it is much appreciated. I have seen that web page and the M'Cheyne reading plans. But Carson has modified M'Cheyne's plan which is why I wanted to use Carson's plan. I'm not sure what the differences are, but it seems strange that I can't take Carson's list and make it a reading plan. I know I'm not the first person to have wanted to do this; perhaps there is no solution? Or perhaps I don't need to and I'm barking up a tree just for the sake of barking?

Posts 10739
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 16 2020 4:04 AM

Michael

Did you notice that the plan in the screenshot you provided earlier in this thread is titled "M’Cheyne Chart of Daily Bible Readings." Without looking at each day's reading and comparing them with Carson, I would guess that the list is M’Cheyne without alteration.

Posts 123
Michael Fordham | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 16 2020 5:09 AM

I actually did that this morning and you're right, so I wonder what the "modification" is?  I will just use the M'Cheyne reading and deal with any changes if and when I get to them. Thanks Jack :-)

Michael

Posts 10739
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 16 2020 11:37 AM

Michael Fordham:
Thanks Jack :-)

You are more than welcome

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS