ican not adjust the speed of the Read Aloud voice ; in Logos 4 , on my MAC

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 7
Lambscry | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 1 2010 9:16 PM

When i  choose to  read a Bible  and select the ; Read Aloud , from the drop down menu ; My MAC Voice Over starts reading at a slower rate then my normal setting .  I have try to adjust the Reading speed , but Logos 4 will not allow changes to the reading speed . Also it would be great if the Logos Home Page would allow MAC Voice Over to read it , like a web site . I use MAC Voice Over a lot and the more accessible the text is to Voice Over ; the Greater the Help to me

Also, the font  size ; of the Hebrew and Greek letters in the Exegetical Guide  are very small in the Logos 4 MAC , when compared to the PC version  .  

another issue is in the Search , while typing ,> Bible > Grid Layout  . The text is over lapping and spacing and color blocks are not sized correctly . Search does not work after it completes the grid generation . The Logos 4 PC version  , works Great .

Posts 5661
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 11:17 PM

Hi TNA

Welcome to the forum.

Firstly, unless you are running an outreach programme to spammers we suggest that you change your forum display name.

Link for changing forum name

http://wiki.logos.com/Changing_Forum_Display_Name 

I can't help you with the Read Aloud speed but I do know that Read Aloud has only been in the last couple of Alpha's and I seem to remember that the speed is not adjustable yet.

Nor with the font size of the original languages which seems fixed. Although the standard mac zoom seems to work pretty well with the letters holding their form.

**************l@charter.net:
another issue is in the Search , while typing ,> Bible > Grid Layout  . The text is over lapping and spacing and color blocks are not sized correctly .

I am not sure what you are getting at here - perhaps a screen shot would make it clearer?

******************@charter.net:
Search does not work after it completes the grid generation .

That doesn't seem to be the case on my system - is this a particular resource or a general failure?

tootle pip

Mike

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 3196
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 2 2010 11:59 AM

Mike and O'Donnell:

There is no ability adjust reading speed for Read Aloud in Windows and therefore no ability to do so in Mac. 

Logos4 in Windows does not allow for changing font size of Greek/Hebrew/etc. so this does not appear on the Mac version.

O'Donnell: could you take a screen shot of your Search bug? And post logs? That is if you can reproduce. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS