Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 47
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 1 2010 10:15 PM

The titles of the Posts already brought up do not seem to address my problem, so I will post it here.  I have Windows 7, and the latest version of Windows Media Player.  For some reason, I cannot navigate forward or back in the video.  For example, I got to the section 3 Word Study portion and was around the 2 hour mark when I stopped.  Now when I go back to that section (word study), I cannot get to the 2 hour mark...it only starts at the beginning.  Is it the DVD or something else?  I noticed the DVD doesnt have "tracks" to easily navigate around with like a CD would or even a regular movie on DVD.  Can anyone help?

Posts 370
Ken F Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 2 2010 9:07 AM

MichaelAShelnutt:
Windows Media Player

I've had a much better experience using QuickTime player.  Movies can be navigated by section and keyboard controls help with sound adjustment and rewind/fast forward.

Posts 10822
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2010 6:54 AM

MichaelAShelnutt:
I noticed the DVD doesnt have "tracks" to easily navigate around with like a CD would or even a regular movie on DVD.  Can anyone help?

I haven't used Windows Media Player, but in Quick Time a drop down menu in the lower right hand corner lists the tracks in the current video. Does WMP have anything like this?

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2010 7:01 AM

Jack,

I THINK that in WMP you can select all of the Greek videos, put them into a "playlist" and then they appear in a menu and play in order one after another...

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 10822
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2010 7:54 AM

Robert Pavich:
THINK that in WMP you can select all of the Greek videos, put them into a "playlist" and then they appear in a menu and play in order one after another.

In your screen shot, Greek 05 Tools is 1:10:56 long in one long video. QT will break that up into segments.

What does the little icon with the arrow in the lower right do {of your screenshot}?

Posts 24778
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2010 8:22 AM

Hi Jack

The little icon in the bottom right allows the video to be viewed in full-screen mode

Graham

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2010 9:00 AM

i use VLC which is a free movie viewer. i don't have Media Player12.

In VLC there are buttons to move between Chapters (like a home DVD player has)

Also if i use the keyboard:

you can move in 1 minute intervals using Ctrl  Left/Right arrows

you can move in 3 second intervals using Shift Left/Right arrows

hope this helps.

Plus you can pause the video and drag the slider, while watching the current time location

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 10822
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2010 11:15 AM

Graham Criddle:
he little icon in the bottom right allows the video to be viewed in full-screen mode

Makes sense, but that is near the location of the contents menu in Quick Time, so I thought I would ask.

Posts 10822
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2010 11:19 AM

steve clark:

i use VLC which is a free movie viewer. i don't have Media Player12.

In VLC there are buttons to move between Chapters (like a home DVD player has)

But VLC still sees just one long movie. Like WMP, VLC sees a single 1:10:56 file for Greek 05 while QT can break it down into individual segments.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2010 11:52 AM

Hi Jack,

i'm not a regular user of QT.

Jack Caviness:
while QT can break it down into individual segments

Doesn't this act like chapter list? It is nice that it give you the sub-title for the chapters! But when selecting an individual segment, after finishing the section (chapter) it continued on into the next one. Is there something that i have missed? Also i could not find tools to advance/replay easily in small intervals (other than hold down the FF FR buttons or pause and drag location). Are these available in QT?

thanks

Posts 10822
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 6 2010 6:01 AM

steve clark:
Doesn't this act like chapter list? It is nice that it give you the sub-title for the chapters!

This feature allows you to select the start of any individual segment.

steve clark:
But when selecting an individual segment, after finishing the section (chapter) it continued on into the next one. Is there something that i have missed?

You haven't missed anything. That is the way it works. What other action would you want?

steve clark:
Also i could not find tools to advance/replay easily in small intervals (other than hold down the FF FR buttons or pause and drag location). Are these available in QT?

I haven't found those controls in QT, but then I have not been a regular user either. All I have is the free QT Reader that comes with the Mac OS.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 6 2010 8:19 AM

Jack Caviness:

steve clark:
But when selecting an individual segment, after finishing the section (chapter) it continued on into the next one. Is there something that i have missed?

You haven't missed anything. That is the way it works. What other action would you want?

Guess that i read something into your prior post outside of what you really meant. [QT can break it down into individual segments]

It would be really nice if a viewer could play just one segment/chapter and stop. This would be useful to me in watching the training videos.

But viewer are what viewers are.

Thanks for taking the time to respond

Posts 10822
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 6 2010 12:58 PM

steve clark:
It would be really nice if a viewer could play just one segment/chapter and stop.

Since you will be watching the video, it should be a simple matter to click the pause button at the end of segment. I would really like to have an instant replay button that moves the video back 8 seconds like I have on my cable remote.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 6 2010 1:01 PM

Jack Caviness:
I would really like to have an instant replay button that moves the video back 8 seconds like I have on my cable remote.

VLC has a 3 second, just hold the Shift key down while pressing the left arrow. Tapping it 3 times goes back 9 seconds

Posts 10822
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 6 2010 3:05 PM

steve clark:
VLC has a 3 second, just hold the Shift key down while pressing the left arrow. Tapping it 3 times goes back 9 seconds

Thanks for that info. I'll try to remember next time I use VLC. I like the feature of QT that lets me select the segment, so I'll use it for now.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS