Change default dispaly from Article display to Search Result display

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 317
Michel Pauw | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 4 2020 5:21 PM

When I open a search hit from the search panel (1), Logos by default opens up the article in Article display (2). As a result I have to scroll down to see the actual context of the search hit, which can be quite down the road.

Instead, I would rather have Logos (by default, when I open a search hit from the search panel) open the article in the Search Results display (3), so I can immediately see the context of the hit.

Is it possible to change this default behavior?

Posts 26030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 4 2020 7:48 PM

You will find that it opens to the previous setting (close it with "Search result" and then open it). But that won't always be possible if it was opened for another purpose, without Search results.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 317
Michel Pauw | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 5 2020 4:07 AM

Thanks, that's true.

I also found that if you click on the highlighted words (your actual searching words) in the search panel, rather than on the title of the article in which they appear, it will also open in search result display.

Posts 26030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 5 2020 5:10 PM

Michel Pauw:
I also found that if you click on the highlighted words (your actual searching words) in the search panel, rather than on the title of the article in which they appear, it will also open in search result display.

Yes. Clicking the highlighted word is the 'normal' way to locate the result in the resource.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS