Can I give my Logos 8 bible software away?

Page 1 of 2 (34 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 33 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 63
Larry Parker | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 10 2020 5:19 PM

I have collected tons of books and I think three versions of Logos, up to version 8.  Can I give this all away to someone here?

I have spent aTotal:$3,338.08 on this package.

Posts 2118
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2020 5:26 PM

It is possible to give away.  The easiest way is for that person to pay a $20 transfer fee.  Usually Logos frowns on selling your software on their forums, but I don't know how they feel about giving it away.  

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 265
John C Connell Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2020 5:27 PM

I would welcome your library. As a retired person my budget for Logos is not as large as I would like. I will gladly pay the Logos transfer fee.  Let me know how to take this conversation

off line should you wish more information about me. John

Be strong and courageous. . . for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

Posts 28688
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2020 5:28 PM

You can. Typically FL charges $20 per transaction for transfers. If you were gifting or selling your entire library (which you are not allowed to do on here), it would be $20.

If you don't have someone in mind, might I suggest you contact the seminary of your choice? I am sure it would be a blessing to a young seminarian. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 63
Larry Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2020 5:46 PM

I am hoping to find a person that does not own Logos or has the bare minimum.  I will gladly pay the fee for transfer.

Posts 7625
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2020 5:47 PM

That’s very generous of you! Whatever your reasons are, I hope all is well with you! I don’t need a library so hopefully someone that needs it can get it

👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 63
Larry Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2020 5:55 PM

No everything is not well with me.  That's part of the reason to give it away.  The other part is that I prefer paper bibles and I have a lot of them.  Smile

Posts 1317
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2020 9:12 PM

Larry Parker:

No everything is not well with me.  That's part of the reason to give it away.  The other part is that I prefer paper bibles and I have a lot of them.  Smile

Glad to hear that allis well. There is a Facebook group for resales, if you read through the posts there you may find a missionary or pastor who could use it......

Posts 1
Delvo Salvaro | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 11 2020 12:36 AM

Hi Larry, I am just starting my Logos journey as a young Bible student! If you have someone in mind to give your library to then great. But if you havent found someone then I would be very grateful to receive it. Thanks! Delvin

Posts 11310
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 11 2020 5:38 AM

Mike Tourangeau:

Larry Parker:

Glad to hear that allis well. 

I think it might be the opposite?

Back when I first received my Logosian visa and magic Biblical decoder ring, I planned to give away to another crazy lady (if there was one), as I got old(er). Unfortunately, Logos keeps offering interesting books. It's frightening. 

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 2304
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 11 2020 6:22 AM

Denise:
magic Biblical decoder ring

Ahhhh, this!

Posts 7625
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 11 2020 6:46 AM

GaoLu:

Denise:
magic Biblical decoder ring

Ahhhh, this!

Or maybe the Bible Sense Lexicon...

Posts 887
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 11 2020 8:07 AM

That would be quite a gift to a poor student or pastor 👍

Personally I can’t imagine having to do without my Verbum library. Prayers you find the person who needs it the most (I figure with the size of my own library, that person is NOT me 😉)

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Diamond

Posts 680
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 11 2020 8:31 AM

And Larry, prayers for you, too, because I read that "all is NOT well" with  you. May our Lord keep you!

Posts 63
Larry Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 11 2020 10:45 AM

Thank you all for your kindness!  I did not go into detail, I would not know where to end.  My story is a very long one that would make a great book, that is if the ending is good.  However, that could be very soon, yes.  Short story... I'm the product of an unsuccessful operation and am now confined to live on top of a bed now for three years.  Broke my neck in 1984, got healed, then in 2004 everything went backwards.

I've tried using Logos for years and I just don't seem to gel with it well.

Thanks to all!  Jesus is Lord!!!

Posts 11310
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 11 2020 10:48 AM

Well, Larry, Bibles are a great back-stop. And maybe another positive reversal?

David Wanat:
That would be quite a gift to a poor student or pastor 👍

Maybe not (ha). My library is oriented more to what I guess are called 'searchers' ... almost no churchy doctrine/theology ... almost all 'as old as possible'.

But I sometimes wonder if modern-day students (young and old) really recognize the immenseness of what Logos offers (not just the software features, but 'the books'). I remember Bible college and what amounted to chicken-scratching (grandmother's depression era chickens) from class assignments from the library, and the basics (greek, Thayers, etc). Now-days, I can feel guilty I didn't review St Ephraim's quotes from the gospels.

At Judgement Day, there IS a risk, "well, you DID have Logos, right?'. Ha.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 11 2020 11:04 AM

Oh Larry, I am so grieved to read about your ordeal. As someone who knows prolonged and really difficult trials all too well and know of others who are having it even worse, I can only say, hang in there.

It is so difficult to understand how the Lord's sovereignty relates to what we go through individually and it is debilitating for sufferings to go on so acutely or for so long. We have found comfort in our Bible study group meditating on the voice given to this in the psalms of lament (how long? why? why have you forsaken me? I'm at the end of my rope, help and save before it is too late). It does not alleviate physical suffering but there is comfort in knowing the Lord knows how prolonged pain, agony, and despair feel, and instructs us to turn to Him with these questions and prayers. The LORD is good and His loving-kindness endures forever.

May the Lord bless you and give you all the grace you need from day to day to walk through this long and dark valley. Be assured of this: you are not walking it on your own. 

Posts 63
Larry Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 11 2020 11:05 AM

That's pretty funny!  Maybe I should keep at least a bare bones copy of Logos for the Judgement Day?  Ick!

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 11 2020 11:17 AM

Larry Parker:
Maybe I should keep at least a bare bones copy of Logos for the Judgement Day?  

As long as you ensure you keep the right denominational package to secure entrance Stick out tongue

Posts 63
Larry Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 11 2020 11:18 AM

Francis:

Oh Larry, I am so grieved to read about your ordeal. As someone who knows prolonged and really difficult trials all too well and know of others who are having it even worse, I can only say, hang in there.

It is so difficult to understand how the Lord's sovereignty relates to what we go through individually and it is debilitating for sufferings to go on so acutely or for so long. We have found comfort in our Bible study group meditating on the voice given to this in the psalms of lament (how long? why? why have you forsaken me? I'm at the end of my rope, help and save before it is too late). It does not alleviate physical suffering but there is comfort in knowing the Lord knows how prolonged pain, agony, and despair feel, and instructs us to turn to Him with these questions and prayers. The LORD is good and His loving-kindness endures forever.

May the Lord bless you and give you all the grace you need from day to day to walk through this long and dark valley. Be assured of this: you are not walking it on your own. 

Said very well, thank you.  Pain is the enemies best distraction when it goes on and on, never stopping.  The doctors put me on Fentanyl patches for two years and it dissolved a lot of my bottom teeth and ruined my heart.  I go into massive afib's a lot now.  Sometimes several times a day. My heart rate can also be in the 150's for days.

I've read about the Azusa Street revival of 1906 a lot.  It was prophesied by William Seymour that another would occur about 100 years after that one, bigger and not confined to a warehouse.  Now I'm seeing people seeing in the spirit a tidal wave coming towards our planet of God's Glory.  I am dreaming big.  The enemy has been given a chance for a short while, but a revival is coming I believe.  Things are very weird now, but is perfect for what Revelation tells of the future.  I hope I live to see God's Glory hit and hit strong.  Storm

Page 1 of 2 (34 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS