Logos 4.0d "Copy" is missing from the right-click context menu in EBC

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4
Al Soares | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 3 2010 2:45 PM

If I highlight some text in Zondervan's Expositor's Bible Commentary (Volume 4, Kings, Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah and Job) and right-click on the highlighted text, the context menu does not show "Copy" as an option.  I have to use the keyboard shortcut:  Ctrl+C. It doesn't seem to matter where in the book I try this. I've only tried this book since I did the update to 4.0d so I can't tell you if it used to work prior to that update or not. (Actually, I think this series just became available about the same time as the update.)

Posts 26605
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 3 2010 3:24 PM

Do you see "Copy" for any of the options you select on the RHS of the menu eg. if you choose "Selection" or "Reference", etc. do you see "Copy"?

RHS = Right Hand Side

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 4
Al Soares | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 3 2010 3:46 PM

That was it! I didn't notice that the right-click menu was defaulting to the "Reference" section of the menu (in which case "Copy" is not available) but if I choose "Selection" then the "Copy" option is available.  Thanks, Dave!  I suppose that begs another question...Should "Copy" be available for "Reference"? I don't think I need it but it might be useful to others???

Posts 26605
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 3 2010 4:00 PM

AlSoares:
Should "Copy" be available for "Reference"?

"Copy reference" may appear further down eg. "Copy Mark 4:15" in a bible or commentary. But its presence does depend on the type of resource.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 14
John Kerns | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2010 7:23 PM

I did all of that and I don't want to copy the Bible text, I want to copy and paste/print the text of the commentary.  This doesn't do that.  Help.

John Kerns

Posts 32180
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2010 7:31 PM

JohnKerns:
paste/print the text of the commentary.

Select the text, right click, copy is at the top left of the menu ... what are you seeing?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 14
John Kerns | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2010 8:09 PM

When I select the text of a commentary and right click and then select (left click) "selection" and left click "copy," it seems to disappear in that when I go to WordPerfect and select paste, there is nothing there. 

If I do the same drill with a Bible text, then it pastes into WorkPerfect just fine.

John Kerns

Posts 26605
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2010 8:17 PM

Does the same happen if you use Ctrl+C for the copy?  What commentary?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 14
John Kerns | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2010 8:42 PM

It happens in any commentary. 

However...Ctrl C works great. 

Thank you so much. 

It is bedtime on the east coast.  I will pick up on this tomorrow.

Thanks again. 

John Kerns

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS