Missing Parts? Inspired By … The Bible Experience Audio Bible

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4199
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 24 2020 8:53 PM

https://www.logos.com/search?query=Audio%20Bible%20TNIV&sortBy=Title&limit=60&page=1&ownership=all&geographicAvailability=all 

I just found out about this set and it looks really interesting BUT it seems to be missing some books like Judges and John. 32 out of 40. Is it possible to get those missing pieces? If so, could you bundle these up for an easy one purchase?

Posts 28728
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 25 2020 11:40 AM

Mattillo:
I just found out about this set and it looks really interesting BUT it seems to be missing some books like Judges and John. 32 out of 40. Is it possible to get those missing pieces? If so, could you bundle these up for an easy one purchase?

There is another audio book series (NKJV) which has the same issue. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 576
J. Remington Bowling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 26 2020 12:06 PM

Mattillo:
I just found out about this set and it looks really interesting ...

IMO, there is a huge difference in quality between the various book recordings. Compare Romans with Galatians, for instance. Romans and Job are excellent. They sound like a dramatic reading of the Bible with some background sound effects thrown in (e.g., market place or thunderstorm sound effects). The intonations are very good. It manages to avoid the corny awkwardness of other dramatic readings and the stiltedness of plain readings (e.g., the ESV audio Bible).

Galatians is bizarre and totally different. The Bible narration abruptly cuts to songs (IIRC, some are like live recordings with sounds of people clapping) and the background effects noticeably loop that completely breaks the flow of the listener's experience and the over all quality seems much lower. 

It's such a noticeable shift in quality and direction that I was sure that Audible or the publisher had screwed up the content delivery at first. After looking into more... no, that's just the way Galatians is. (I suspect whoever was in charge of the original project must have changed.) It was bad enough that I returned the product and didn't bother buying any more.

Potato resting atop 2020 Mac Pro stand.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS