LOGOS Version question

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 6
Joe Colby | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 7 2020 8:15 AM

It seems like the LOGOS version get's updated fairly consistently but does anyone know if all upgrades are truly upgrades.  So if I am looking at buying LOGOS at version 8, might it be better to wait to see what is planned for version 9?  If you are a LOGOS 7 user...is LOGOS 8 a must have?  Some software companies have varying degrees of updates & new versions.  Just not sure if LOGOS 8 is the best entry point or given that it's been out should I wait to see what's going to be in version 9?

Posts 10963
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 7 2020 8:25 AM

Joe, it's free:

https://www.logos.com/install?ssi=0 

Has been for as long as I can remember.

Logos8 has quite a bit more than Logos7, and later updates are primarily bug fixes, and minor feature enhancements.

You'd do well to get your feet wet; the main money difference is packages. They change content each major upgrade. So, if you like a current package, they're currently on sale. I bought a particular package that I didn't want to chance changing this fall ... represented maybe a 2/3's savings for me.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 269
Greg Corbin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 7 2020 12:42 PM

Joe, I speak to this as a daily Logos user since Logos 3.  I can say that Logos 8 is a great step up from Logos 7.   There is always a pretty cheap upgrade option with the new versions if all you want is the new functionality.  Or my understanding is that the basic engine of the new version is always made available for free.

The BIG thing to keep your eye on is ALWAYS resources that you will use. Those go with you from version to version and package to package. Hands down, the best deal you will ever get on resources is buying them as part of a base package. So, if there is a Logos 8 base package that has a good deal of resources you know you will use, then I would say go ahead and spring for Logos 8 right now during this 25% off sale - the best you will ever see.

Should Logos 9 come out in a few weeks, your Logos 8 will continue working just fine and you can upgrade to 9 later or sooner with one of the cheaper options.

Posts 655
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 7 2020 6:35 PM

I don't think all Logos 8 base packages are on sale. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Posts 3577
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 7 2020 7:01 PM

Into Grace:

I don't think all Logos 8 base packages are on sale. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

They are.

Posts 633
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 7 2020 7:28 PM

SineNomine:

Into Grace:

They are.

indeed. If I hadn’t already spent a large sum, I’d be expanding my library more.

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM

Ultimate: Verbum | Diamond: Orthodox  | Gold: Eastern Rite, Ordinariate, Anglican | Silver: Standard | Bronze: Lutheran | Starter: Baptist, Messianic, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS