How does Logos and its many tools compare with Roam Research?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 10
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 9 2020 2:35 PM

Anyone have any comparison for using Roam Research for Bible Study vs Logos? Seems like Logos does a lot of what Roam does...

Posts 79
Ryland Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 9 2020 2:49 PM

I've never heard of Roam until you mentioned it.  After checking it out, I think if one wants to use Logos as an app for Bible study then it works great.  Roam seems to be geared more toward all aspects of life.  I use Evernote as my main note taking app but keep all of my Bible study, sermon prep, etc. notes in Logos.  

Posts 10
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 9 2020 3:26 PM

Well, I had read a post https://thesweetsetup.com/how-im-using-roam-research-for-bible-study/ on The Sweet Setup how a writer uses Roam for Bible Study... seems interesting 

Posts 30200
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 9 2020 4:51 PM

Bill Cook:
https://thesweetsetup.com/how-im-using-roam-research-for-bible-study/

That is an interesting article. It could help one develop some best practices for using Notes in Logos. In a strange way Roam Research reminds me of Houdini - the first hypertext note system. It seems to me that the main differences between Roam and Logos are:

• Roam provides a graphic interface for its web ... something I would like to see in Logos even if just on its own datasets such as Biblical cross-references and commentary influences (references by author)
  • Most of the structure of Roam notes can be had via the disciplined use of Logos
  • Logos provides a vast base of texts and dataset which serve as a base for notes rather than having to import all such data into the notes.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS