BUMP! Why is Karl Barth's "bombshell of a book" The Epistle to the Romans still not in Logos?

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1276
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 24 2021 12:25 AM

Rosie Perera:
Yes, I'm pretty sure it's Brunner I was thinking of. My pastor used to talk about the two of them, and their debate over Natural Theology, the Ja! and Nein!

Brunner would be great to have in Logos. He was a great theologian in his own right but sadly was in a lot of ways overshadowed by Barth. His Dogmatics is much shorter and far more approachable than Barth's. Barth was both the more orthodox and the more extreme of the two, and although my own views usually lie closer to his, I've got quite a soft spot for Brunner.

Posts 11852
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 24 2021 12:39 AM

Sean:
Brunner would be great to have in Logos. He was a great theologian in his own right but sadly was in a lot of ways overshadowed by Barth. His Dogmatics is much shorter and far more approachable than Barth's.

Yes, definitely. Faithlife has a couple of books about him and his theology (lacking the definitive "Emil Brunner: A reappraisal" by Alister McGrath, though), but nothing by him. I'm glad that Ken supplied "The Mediator" edit: and one & two of the Dogmatic volumes /edit as a PB source.

But I'm getting a deja vu here... maybe someone reconfigured the matrix, and now Brunners works appear in the store?!

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 19254
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 24 2021 12:41 AM

Sean:
Brunner would be great to have in Logos. He was a great theologian in his own right but sadly was in a lot of ways overshadowed by Barth. His Dogmatics is much shorter and far more approachable than Barth's. Barth was both the more orthodox and the more extreme of the two, and although my own views usually lie closer to his, I've got quite a soft spot for Brunner.

I suggested a bunch of Brunner's books on the Feedback site about 6 months ago, if you'd like to go vote for any of them. Dogmatics is in there, as is Natural Theology (comprising "Nature & Grace" by Emil Brunner with the reply "No!" by Karl Barth).

https://feedback.faithlife.com/search?term=brunner

Posts 1276
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 24 2021 12:50 AM

Rosie Perera:

Sean:

I suggested a bunch of Brunner's books on the Feedback site about 6 months ago, if you'd like to go vote for any of them. Dogmatics is in there, as is Natural Theology (comprising "Nature & Grace" by Emil Brunner with the reply "No!" by Karl Barth).

https://feedback.faithlife.com/search?term=brunner

Done! Although if they go through this means I will have to buy them!

Posts 11852
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 24 2021 1:01 AM

Sean:
if they go through this means I will have to buy them!

Definitely. I just saw that Brunner is missed for over ten years now: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/30409.aspx (thanks again to Ken for helping out)

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 19254
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2021 10:57 AM

Sean:
Done! Although if they go through this means I will have to buy them!

Not necessarily. You can always cancel your order before the date they are processed, if you notice they are "shipping soon" in time. But that's kind of not fair to Faithlife. They wait until there's enough interest to cover their costs in producing a book. And if enough of the people who pre-ordered it pull out before it ships, they might not break even.

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS