Huge collection of theological journal articles available online (all by permission)

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 19037
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 20 2020 5:09 PM

It would be great if some or many of these could be made available in Logos for searching capabilities:

https://biblicalstudies.org.uk/articles.php

Posts 680
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 20 2020 6:12 PM

Thank you very much for finding/reporting this. It looks very useful!

Posts 341
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 20 2020 6:42 PM

Rosie Perera:

It would be great if some or many of these could be made available in Logos for searching capabilities:

https://biblicalstudies.org.uk/articles.php

Yes

Posts 7618
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 20 2020 7:31 PM

Steve Maling:

Thank you very much for finding/reporting this. It looks very useful!

Ditto 👍😁👌

Posts 18
John5796 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2020 10:24 AM

Yes!!

Posts 5002
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2020 1:17 PM

VETUS TESTAMENTUM!!!!  WHOOOT!!!!  Party!!!YesParty!!!

Thank you!

Posts 269
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2020 3:25 PM

Yes

Posts 774
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2020 12:07 PM

Thanks, Rosie!  That is a great resource.

I went to their site and asked a question that I might as well pose here:

I am a member of a small team from Trinity Bible Church, Phoenix, AZ, USA, which delivered a three day training seminar to Nazarene pastors in Chisec, Guatemala in January.  Our intent was to champion Scripture centered preaching employing expository methods.  We also introduced basic hermeneutics.  We provided three small books from 9Marks, in Spanish.  And a Spanish version of an abridged Systematic Theology by Wayne Grudem.  But they need much more.

A similar group of pastors in Ecuador asked us to deliver the same series of lectures to them.  Due to concerns about travel we will be providing training via Zoom over a three month period.  This series started earlier in August and will complete around the first week of November. These pastors have almost no seminary training and no money for resources.  They all speak Spanish. Do you know of a trove of online theological and Biblical literature, similar to yours, which is in Spanish?  This would be very helpful to these pastors since they have no access to libraries with commentaries or other hard resources. I would appreciate any ideas you might have. Thank you for providing the online resources that are at your site.  I found them by being referenced from the Faithlife General forums (Logos Bible study software).
Posts 774
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2020 12:13 PM

I would like to add that we want to include training in inductive Bible study since it provides focus more on Scripture and does not rely on external commentaries, which they do not have.  However, word study is more fruitful with concordances.  Are there any concordances or word study aids available online for Spanish Bible texts.

I notice that my Logos NVI or Reina versions does not have any tools with Greek or Hebrew.

Posts 18657
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2020 4:11 PM

David A Egolf:
I notice that my Logos NVI or Reina versions does not have any tools with Greek or Hebrew.

Nueva Versión Internacional (NVI) has Interlinear for NT available while La Biblia de las Américas (LBLA) and Reina Valera Revisada (1960) (RVR) have Interlinear resources for OT & NT available

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 774
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2020 8:20 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

David A Egolf:

Nueva Versión Internacional (NVI) has Interlinear for NT available while La Biblia de las Américas (LBLA) and Reina Valera Revisada (1960) (RVR) have Interlinear resources for OT & NT available

Keep Smiling Smile

Your snapshot clearly shows an interlinear tool for all three versions.  My Logos 8 Platinum clearly does not have an interlinear tool on the panel with the NVI open.  Do you possibly have some other feature rented or purchased that enables interlinear?

David

Posts 18657
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2020 8:57 PM

David A Egolf:
My Logos 8 Platinum clearly does not have an interlinear tool on the panel with the NVI open.  Do you possibly have some other feature rented or purchased that enables interlinear?

My purchased library order history includes Logos 8 Platinum Bilingual followed by Logos 8 Salomón Bilingüe: Libros so Logos 8 Platinum + Salomón shows as owned for me.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 5002
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2020 3:16 AM

David Paul:

VETUS TESTAMENTUM!!!!  WHOOOT!!!!  Party!!!YesParty!!!

Thank you!

This, unfortunately, was a cruel tease. While there is a list of all VT articles by volume, there are no links to actual articles. Only a comment that VT is not available. I think Dante had a circle of hell assigned to those who practice the cruel tease.

Posts 4393
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2020 6:21 AM

David Paul:
I think Dante had a circle of hell assigned to those who practice the cruel tease.

I'm not sure that the website quite merits the 8th Circle.

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS