Lenski volumes all in .jpg

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 21
Darrell G. Eson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 11 2020 2:58 PM

I'm not sure where this will go, and maybe an impossible gigantic tedious task, but in my library I have a copy of RCH Lenski Interpretation of the NT.  I used a computer attachment to "scan" .jpg images of the whole collection.

The issue is this: even though I can easily convert the .jpg files to MSWord, PDF, or Searchable PDF, within the collection's text Koine Greek characters are not easily converted to Koine Greek font when converting to MSWord.  The PDF files are not a real problem (PDF using images instead of text), but as I understand it migrating PDF files into the Logos 8 Personal Book feature requires converting them to MSWord, which brings me back to Koine Greek conversion issue.

Are there any ideas that y'all might have?

Wont hurt me at all if any response is "forget about it".  Finding that Logos 8 is study friendly (resources handy to reference in one place), I thought it would be just as easy to incorporate it into the Personal Book feature.

Thanks in advance.

Posts 369
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 15 2020 7:00 PM

I believe it is already in LOGOS format here https://www.logos.com/product/3911/lenskis-commentary-on-the-new-testament-lcnt 

To be honest, I would consider my time (to put a P.B. together) to be worth more than the price being charged here.

Just sayin'

EDIT:

P.S. It is available in the Lutheran Bronze Base package... You may be able to pick up the collection plus others for a cheaper price. You might want to check it out.

Posts 2977
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 15 2020 8:20 PM

Lenski is very well done in Logos. I would highly recommend this.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 2607
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 16 2020 11:34 AM

Definitely not something worth doing. And Lenski is in some packages which make it much easier to obtain.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 7629
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 16 2020 12:57 PM

I paid $250 for my print copy, then sold it for $200 plus Shipping, then upgraded to a Lutheran package that had it for $130 if my memory serves me correctly.  I even got other stuff in the package that was useful.

DAL

Posts 21
Darrell G. Eson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 16 2020 1:40 PM

Thanks Roy for the input.  When I searched in Logos 8 for this it didn't pop up for me.  I'm glad it did for you and relaying to me, but the price tag is a bit much.  For $250 I could upgrade to Baptist Bronze and get much more.  I bought this collection in 1980 for $125.  Again, thanks much for your effort.

Posts 11
Phil Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 16 2020 3:29 PM

This is one set I can't sell even if the Logos edition would be easier to use. It was given to me by my grandfather out of his library when I started seminary in 1967.

Posts 2977
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 16 2020 9:26 PM

Look into the Logos Lutheran Bronze (or wait until the base packages are on sale again). You'll get it and more and save money (and you can keep your grandfather's set)

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Posts 5315
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 17 2020 10:23 AM

Jacob Hantla:
Look into the Logos Lutheran Bronze

Thanks for the hint.... I added it to my library for under $25 adding new to me not only Lenski but a new background commentary too...

-dan

Posts 2977
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 17 2020 5:50 PM

Wink

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS