Wordsearch Moving to Logos Bible Software

Page 1 of 11 (213 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 212 Replies | 12 Followers

Posts 2046
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 18 2020 1:28 PM

We’re excited to announce that we’ve completed the acquisition of Wordsearch Bible Software from LifeWay and are in the process of moving Wordsearch’s customers, resources, apps, and user-created content over to Logos.

We’ve officially kicked off the first phase of the process, with much more happening in the coming days, weeks, and months.

1. Customers: If you’re a Wordsearch user, we’ve already set up a Faithlife/Logos account for you. If you already had a Faithlife account, we merged your Wordsearch account into your existing Faithlife account, if you used the same email address for both. If you used different email addresses for your accounts, you’ll now have two separate Faithlife accounts that we can merge for you by sending an email to cs@logos.com with the two email addresses you used letting us know which one you’d like to keep as primary. Otherwise, you don’t need to take any action to set up your new account. We’ll be handling everything for you. Be on the lookout for an email letting you know that your account migration is complete.
  2. Resources: Resources owned in Wordsearch will move to your Logos account. We’ll unlock the licenses up front and then build out and deliver the content over the coming weeks and months. Wordsearch has thousands of titles not yet available in Logos, so we’re excited to grow our catalog of content for Logos users and open up the entire Logos catalog to our new users from Wordsearch.
  3. Apps: Wordsearch’s desktop, mobile, and web applications will continue to work for a while, but we’ll phase out support for them and consolidate all our development efforts on Logos to ensure we provide an even better digital Bible study experience for all of our users.
  4. User-Created Content: We’ll be building export/import tools that will allow Wordsearch users to bring their notes, highlights, and other user-created content to Logos. We don’t have all the details worked out yet, but we hope to have this available in the coming months.

We’re really excited about what this acquisition means for both Logos and Wordsearch users alike as we bring together customers, catalogs, and consolidated resources to advance digital Bible study even further.

For more information, check out 

Posts 3273
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 1:29 PM

I am literally jumping up and down in my house right now! I have Wordsearch on my pc just because of resources I don't have in Logos! THIS IS AWESOME!

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 2046
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 1:33 PM

David Taylor Jr:

I am literally jumping up and down in my house right now! I have Wordsearch on my pc just because of resources I don't have in Logos! THIS IS AWESOME!

I'm glad to hear you're as happy as we are! :)

Posts 583
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 1:40 PM

What happens if you have matching content in both programs?

What happens if you have bought matching content in Logos within the last 30 days regarding the 30 day money back guarantee? 

Posts 564
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 1:44 PM

David Taylor Jr:

Same here! I did not see this coming! Excellent news. I look forward to expanding my Logos library!

Posts 8887
LogosEmployee

Jesse Blevins:

What happens if you have bought matching content in Logos within the last 30 days regarding the 30 day money back guarantee? 

You can return any Logos purchases as per our standard 30-day return policy. If it happens to be the exact same content (sometimes Wordsearch has a different edition) then your Wordsearch license (that has been added to your Logos account) will enable that content to appear in your Library even though you returned the Logos purchase.

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 1:48 PM

Will any Wordsearch employees loose their job as a result of this acquisition? I hope not but as this will probably not be disclosed as part of the celebrations of this acquisitions offer up a prayer for those who may well be out of work and for their families who are dependant upon them having an income to meet their daily needs. 

Posts 28723
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 1:54 PM

Good reminder Disciple. Yes

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2046
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 1:55 PM

Jesse Blevins:

What happens if you have matching content in both programs?

You can return Logos purchases made within the last 30 days and Wordsearch purchases made within the last 60 days.

Logos licenses can be transferred as per our normal policies. Wordsearch licences can only be transferred along with a complete transfer of all Logos + Wordsearch licenses.

Posts 4199
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 1:56 PM

i.e. I own Barnes' notes in WS but not seeing it in my Logos account yet.  

Posts 4199
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 2:01 PM

On an unrelated note, does this mean that certain books that were for sale in WS will eventually be for sale in Logos or would only previous WS owners get those books? I know WS had some titles that you didn't like BH Commentary series for the OT

Edit: Holman OT Commentary

Posts 404
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 2:03 PM

This is AMAZING! I just got the email and ran over here to see if anything was posted. I also just checked my Logos software and am getting a bunch of updates. GREAT NEWS!

Posts 75
Erik DiVietro | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 2:05 PM

I am a PhD student at Liberty University School of Divinity. We received digital resources free of charge for the duration of a course. Will this functionality continue with the resources available through Logos? 

Posts 8887
LogosEmployee

Erik DiVietro:

I am a PhD student at Liberty University School of Divinity. We received digital resources free of charge for the duration of a course. Will this functionality continue with the resources available through Logos? 

Those resources will continue to be provided through mywsb.com (the Wordsearch web app) for the rest of this semester.

Posts 75
Erik DiVietro | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 2:10 PM

What happens after the semester?

Posts 2046
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 2:10 PM

Mattillo:

On an unrelated note, does this mean that certain books that were for sale in WS will eventually be for sale in Logos or would only previous WS owners get those books? I know WS had some titles that you didn't like BH Commentary series for the OT

We'll be moving most the ~3,000 titles from the Wordsearch catalog that we didn't formerly offer to Logos and making them available for purchase in the coming weeks and months.

As part of the agreement we now have the ability to offer all B&H content in Logos.

Posts 2046
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 2:11 PM

Erik DiVietro:

What happens after the semester?

We'll be moving all Wordsearch licenses for Liberty students over to Logos in the next year. Final timing is still TBD.

Posts 4199
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 2:20 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Mattillo:

We'll be moving most the ~3,000 titles from the Wordsearch catalog that we didn't formerly offer to Logos and making them available for purchase in the coming weeks and months.

As part of the agreement we now have the ability to offer all B&H content in Logos.

[Happy Dance] 

Posts 75
Erik DiVietro | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 2:20 PM

Thank you! Looking forward to be able to use Logos for my resources. WordSearch has been seriously lagging (and their web app is sub par).

Page 1 of 11 (213 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS