Page 9 of 11 (214 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next >
This post has 213 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 4
Pascal Bougie | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 16 2020 8:12 PM

Hi Bradley,

I think that Wordsearch book ID 0:1768 is not linked properly. The Wordsearch book is Renewed Day by Day (Volume One) by A.W. Tozer. When I check https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/library-migration it says "In Progress Ebook".
It is available at Logos.com here https://www.logos.com/product/4983/evenings-with-tozer-daily-devotional-readings 
It appears that the title of this book was changed to Evenings with Tozer: Daily Devotional Readings. The Logos.com product page says "This resource was previously titled Renewed Day by Day, Volume One." From what I can see in the book preview, the content appears to be the same.

Would it be possible to link to the Logos version and unlock it?

Posts 421
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 16 2020 11:26 PM

Taking a quick look at the content using the "See Inside" it does appear that you are correct.

Then there is this fron the A.W. Tozer collection aw-tozer-collection 

Posts 9097
LogosEmployee

Pascal Bougie:

I think that Wordsearch book ID 0:1768 is not linked properly. The Wordsearch book is Renewed Day by Day (Volume One) by A.W. Tozer. When I check https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/library-migration it says "In Progress Ebook". 

It is available at Logos.com here https://www.logos.com/product/4983/evenings-with-tozer-daily-devotional-readings 
It appears that the title of this book was changed to Evenings with Tozer: Daily Devotional Readings. The Logos.com product page says "This resource was previously titled Renewed Day by Day, Volume One." From what I can see in the book preview, the content appears to be the same.

Would it be possible to link to the Logos version and unlock it?

Thanks for reporting this; I've linked them up.

Posts 4
Pascal Bougie | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 17 2020 10:37 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
Thanks for reporting this; I've linked them up.

Thank you!

Posts 2102
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 17 2020 5:31 PM

I’ve been looking over the “My Library List” I generated from within my copy of Wordsearch, plus the list of books from my Wordsearch migration to Logos to report mismatches.

The problem is the book naming conventions are different from what Wordsearch lists and what Logos lists.

I have a spreadsheet of the mismatches, but there are some false positives in it due to the naming convention differences. I can try looking over the list and report any possible real mismatches to you.

I was going to remove Wordsearch off my old iMac, but I may keep it around since it can run offline now that all of my Wordsearch content is successfully running there. The iMac is stuck on High Sierra, so it won’t be getting an upgrade. I could run it there for legacy purposes if I need to grab anything from Wordsearch, plus I can Remote Desktop into it from my iMac Pro and treat it like a local “App Stream” if I need anything from Wordsearch.

Nathan Parker

Posts 9097
LogosEmployee

Nathan Parker:
I have a spreadsheet of the mismatches, but there are some false positives in it due to the naming convention differences. I can try looking over the list and report any possible real mismatches to you.

Any feedback you can provide is greatly appreciated!

Posts 100
Kristine Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 9:56 AM

Kristine Lewis:
This is actually a separate title from what I owned in WS

Thanks for reporting this; I've unlinked them.

Hi Bradley, the Atlas was unlinked but the HGHL was not added to my owned WS books I hope to have eventually in Logos.

The book I own in WS is Historical Geography of the Holy Land by George Adam Smith, published 1894.  It is not currently in the Logos catalog.  It is still miscalled The Atlas of the Historical Geography of the Holy Land 1915 by GAS in my list of owned WS resources.  The Atlas is inexpensive and beautiful, so I recently bought it in Logos for $11.98.  I would still like the 1894 Historical Geography I owned in WS. I need it included in my WS resources I am waiting to be published by Logos. 

The books have been confused before, see this thread from 2015, :

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/63727.aspx?PageIndex=3.  The correct title 1894 HGHL with correct description was mistakenly corrected to the wrong 1915 Atlas title (which does NOT have vivid word pictures but is an actual Atlas, delayed in publication until 1915 because of WWI), as follows:

Smith, George Adam. The Historical Geography of the Holy Land. 25th ed. Hodder & Stoughton, 1936; Harper & Row, 1966. This is an 1894 classic with vivid word pictures of the Holy Land.

was mistakenly corrected to be

Smith, George Adam. Atlas of the Historical Geography of the Holy Land. 25th ed. Hodder & Stoughton, 1936; Harper & Row, 1966. This is an 1894 classic with vivid word pictures of the Holy Land.

Posts 9097
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 10:07 AM

Kristine Lewis:
The book I own in WS is Historical Geography of the Holy Land by George Adam Smith, published 1894.  It is not currently in the Logos catalog.  It is still miscalled The Atlas of the Historical Geography of the Holy Land 1915 by GAS in my list of owned WS resources.

We had unlinked these, then incorrectly re-linked them. I'll unlink them again. Thanks for reporting this.

Posts 75
John Simpson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 2:05 PM

The Wordsearch Theological Journal Library - Editions 1-21 should have had everything in the Logos Galaxie's Theological Journal Library, vols. 1–20  but my dynamic pricing shows 18 volumes missing.

https://www.logos.com/product/156048/galaxies-theological-journal-library-vols-1-20

https://wordsearchbible.lifeway.com/products/45764-the-theological-journal-library-editions-1-21

Posts 9097
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 11:07 PM

John Simpson:

The Wordsearch Theological Journal Library - Editions 1-21 should have had everything in the Logos Galaxie's Theological Journal Library, vols. 1–20  but my dynamic pricing shows 18 volumes missing.

https://www.logos.com/product/156048/galaxies-theological-journal-library-vols-1-20

https://wordsearchbible.lifeway.com/products/45764-the-theological-journal-library-editions-1-21

The first volume I see missing for you is Bibliotheca Sacra Volume 171 but that's not listed on WS's product page.

The next two are Bulletin for Biblical Research, Volume 21 & 22. Again, not listed on the WS site.

I haven't checked them all individually, but can you find any titles definitively included in WS's Editions 1-21 that don't show up as owned for you?

Posts 75
John Simpson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 7:38 AM

I haven't checked them all individually, but can you find any titles definitively included in WS's Editions 1-21 that don't show up as owned for you?

I was assuming the Wordsearch version of 1-21 would be the same as the Logos version of 1-21, but it appears that Galaxie and/or Wordsearch didn't include those 18 volumes when they created the Wordsearch version of the packages.

Thanks.

Posts 9097
LogosEmployee

A reasonable assumption; that's what I thought too when I first read your post.

Posts 229
cshover8669 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 8:52 PM

The HCSB Study Bible in my migration page shows not started yet.  Shouldn't it be linked to the Logos resource: CSB Study Bible (Notes Only)?

The book ID in WS is 0:4008

The URL to the Logos resource is :csb study bible

I have this in my Logos library already, but it was mentioned earlier in this thread as being on that was important to bring over. If they can be linked, then everyone can have access to it now. Looks like the WS edition was published in 2010 and the Logos is the 2017 edition so that might be why.

Still it would be nice is this one valuable resource could be unlocked for everyone.

Carla

Edited to correct link. 

Posts 2353
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 7:49 AM

cshover8669:
The HCSB Study Bible in my migration page shows not started yet.  Shouldn't it be linked to the Logos resource: CSB Study Bible (Notes Only)?

While the CSB is largely based on the HCSB, there are some significant revisions so it is published as a separate resource. I will have to defer to others on if the HCSB Study Bible and the CSB Study Bible (Notes only) are identical. If they are not identical, there may be licensing reasons why the newer (CSB) resource cannot be mapped to the older (HCSB) license.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 9097
LogosEmployee

cshover8669:

The book ID in WS is 0:4008

The URL to the Logos resource is :csb study bible

I have this in my Logos library already, but it was mentioned earlier in this thread as being on that was important to bring over. If they can be linked, then everyone can have access to it now. Looks like the WS edition was published in 2010 and the Logos is the 2017 edition so that might be why.

0:4008 and LLS:CSBSTUDYBIBLE are different resources (with different publication dates, as you noticed) so they are not linked.

Posts 2102
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2020 9:05 PM

I’m manually going through my lists to find mismatches. Here’s what I have so far. Some of these may still be “false positives” since it can be difficult to compare Wordsearch and Logos’ lists, but here’s the first batch to weed through:

• Complete Biblical Library Greek Grammar Index
  • Scofield's Topics
  • Polity
  • Finney's Systematic Theology
  • Holman KJV Study Bible
  • Lost Sermons of Spurgeon 3
  • The Adrian Rogers Legacy Collection - Bonus Material
  • Holman Old Testament Commentary (All Volumes)
  • Moffatt's New Testament
  • Webster's Bible
  • Wesley New Testament
  • Weymouth New Testament
  • New Living Translation, Second Edition
  • Upon This Rock
  • Dutch Statenvertaling

These are listed in my imported list, but you may want to mark these as not available” since these are defunct resources that were dead in Wordsearch:

• WORDsearch Media Scripture Index
  • WORDsearch Media Topical Index

Nathan Parker

Posts 75
John Simpson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2020 3:11 PM

Nathan Parker:
here’s the first batch to weed through:

I know some:

These are missing or wrong:

My copy of Upon This Rock:The Baptist Understanding of the Church was Lifeway Reader only. Logos does have it:

https://www.logos.com/product/39530/upon-this-rock-a-baptist-understanding-of-the-church

Posts 2102
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2020 5:45 PM

The ones you hyperlinked to Logos.com, I do own. Thanks for those. Thanks for ones you tagged as missing and wrong.

My copy of Upon This Rock must have been Lifeway only. I may pick it up in Logos.

I’ll comb through the list and post more. Has anyone seen any mismatches with other Complete Biblical Library, EGGNT, POSB, or TOSB titles? Those are the biggies I had in Wordsearch.

Nathan Parker

Posts 421
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2020 8:11 PM

A bit off topic... Sorry (not really Devil I'm bad I know...)

John Simpson:
My copy of Upon This Rock

I did not see this in Nathan's list but did see it in your reply. THE VERY FIRST THING I thought of was this...

Posts 10
Carl Canady | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2020 8:26 AM

New International Commentary: Old and New Testaments In Wordsearch it shows that I have more of these books then it shows that I owned in LOGOS?  How do I make sure they are in LOGOS? Mostly in the New Testament.

Page 9 of 11 (214 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > | RSS