Page 5 of 7 (139 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next >
This post has 138 Replies | 14 Followers

Posts 649
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2020 1:42 PM

Mattillo:
Thanks for the "heads-up" Mattillo, I was missing the NT volume and was able to pre-order.

Posts 93
Sharon Hillam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2020 10:59 AM

David Thomas:
i realize Logos has a steep learning curve

David, that might be the understatement of the year! LOL!

David Thomas:
The metadata that Logos implements through reverse Interlinear makes searching on the actual Hebrew and Greek words possible. Logos also has robust cross-reference database and thematic tagging that overlaps Thompson’s original goal in creating his chains.

I'm super impressed with all of Logos' tagging. I didn't use Thompson all that much in WS, but enough to agree wholeheartedly that Logos' approach is far better...in my humble opinion.

David Thomas:
I just want to suggest that Logos has other tools that can lead to very similar final products if one is willing to learn new paths. 

After using Logos now for over a month, I wouldn't go back to WS if you paid me! (Okay...well...if you paid me enough...but that's another discussion. HA!) And yes, Logos' range of tools is amazing. I've fully embraced Logos and am finding the new paths are taking me places with my ever-growing library and resources that I never dreamed possible. 

So if you are a WS user and you are struggling with the steep Logos learning curve, I encourage you to persevere. It will be WELL worth your efforts...as in richly rewarded, at least that's been my experience.

Thanks, David. You've been one of the helping hands here in the forums that have kept me going in this. It's yet another great reason to be a part of the new FL family - you get to meet some pretty awesome folks here. Smile

Blogger/Teacher and former WORDsearch user who is LOVING LOGOS!

Posts 2313
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2020 11:47 AM

Sharon Hillam:
Thanks, David. You've been one of the helping hands here in the forums that have kept me going in this. It's yet another great reason to be a part of the new FL family - you get to meet some pretty awesome folks here. Smile

You are too kind! But the Forum family is pretty amazing.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 1
Gordon Skinner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2020 9:11 PM

Are you able to tell me when "Spiritual Warfare, A Biblical Point of View" would be transferred from WordSearch to my Logos account?  Thank you.

Posts 9069
LogosEmployee

Gordon Skinner:

Are you able to tell me when "Spiritual Warfare, A Biblical Point of View" would be transferred from WordSearch to my Logos account?  Thank you.

I don't see that title listed at https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/catalog. What is the Book ID in Wordsearch? (Right-click the book in the Library and choose "Properties".)

Posts 186
TWBeining | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2020 9:51 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Gordon Skinner:

I don't see that title listed at https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/catalog. What is the Book ID in Wordsearch? (Right-click the book in the Library and choose "Properties".)

Book title is backwards.

Should be "A Biblical Point of View on Spiritual Warfare"

Posts 9069
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2020 10:39 AM

TWBeining:

Book title is backwards.

Should be "A Biblical Point of View on Spiritual Warfare"

Thanks!

Gordon Skinner:

It's already available: https://ref.ly/logosres/LLS%3AWS_4E66C1500F4A45D4AF8991D9219EA207 

Posts 69
John W Gillis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2020 6:54 PM

I saw a bunch of new Wordsearch titles download tonight - thanks! - and note that they are mostly still epubs or Logos Reader editions, so obviously still WIP.

However, the AMG Comprehensive Dictionaries of Old Testament & New Testament Words came across classified as Dictionaries, in Logos Research editions. Are these being considered complete? They lack quite a bit of the functionality of the corresponding Wordsearch ebooks:

They don't appear to have a headword index; outlining elements are lacking for complex entries; the Hebrew text of the entry is not given after the morphology that follows the transliteration (the Greek is there for the NT); the Strong's G/H number following that is not hot linked; other associated headwords given in the article are not hot linked; even the Scriptural references are not hot linked (!). The second parts (i.e. reverse dicts) are similarly unlinked.

Is it safe to assume these are still WIP despite being formatted as full Logos resources?

Posts 365
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2020 8:06 PM

John W Gillis....

From my experience, I suggest you check your WS to Logos Transition page and see if it says "Available" for that book. If it does, then Logos is through with it... and probably won't touch it again unless someone brings up problems with the book. Which is what you are doing.

I had this problem with a book in my WS library. It showed up "Available" and had errors. I could not search it in Logos but could in WS.  I brought to their attention and they changed the "Available" to "Not Started".

We WS people need to help Logos by checking our books and reporting problems. I know from my experience that Logos is trying and we should all appreciate that even though in the mass of work they have to do... they still make mistakes. If we let them know... they  will correct their mistakes. 

xn = Christan  man=man

Posts 9069
LogosEmployee

xnman:

From my experience, I suggest you check your WS to Logos Transition page and see if it says "Available" for that book. If it does, then Logos is through with it... and probably won't touch it again unless someone brings up problems with the book. Which is what you are doing.

"Available" means that a version of it is available in Logos, not necessarily the "final" version. They're being rolled out first as Ebooks, then being upgraded. See the first post in this thread: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/193938/1117970.aspx#1117970 

Posts 9069
LogosEmployee

John W Gillis:

However, the AMG Comprehensive Dictionaries of Old Testament & New Testament Words came across classified as Dictionaries, in Logos Research editions. Are these being considered complete? They lack quite a bit of the functionality of the corresponding Wordsearch ebooks:

Is it safe to assume these are still WIP despite being formatted as full Logos resources?

Yes; these are not done. They had their "Edition" set incorrectly to "Logos Research" instead of "Ebook". We'll update that to avoid confusion.

Posts 3157
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2020 12:24 AM

The Bible verses cannot be hovered in Fire Bible.

From prison (1:7, 13-14), most likely in Rome (Ac 28:16-31), Paul wrote to the Philippian Christians to thank them for their generous gift brought to him by Epaphroditus (4:14-19) and to update them on his present circumstances. In this letter, Paul assured the congregation that God's purposes were being worked out through his imprisonment (1:12-30). 

Not only that ,but the topics are cannot be hovered. The fire Bible is far from being integrated to logos. There are a lot to be done it is not versified yet. 

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 5
VINCENT BRAVOCO III | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2020 8:05 AM

Bradley, last night I received 134 megabytes of update (WordSearch migration to my LOGOS 9) which included the DAKE ANNOTATED BIBLE NOTES eBook.  When you try to open this eBook, it shows no table of contents but opens to Genesis by default.  However, if you scroll through Genesis, it stops at chapter 38.  You can't scroll to any other part of the Bible commentary, nor is their any index.  The scroll bar will only go that far, and the rest of the Dake commentary is missing!  I tried to access on web app and android, but on the web app it will not even open.  Any suggestion?  Bad roll out or should something else be tried?  I can't imagine its just a case of further updates to the DAKE NOTES coming since it would be useless to roll out eBooks in this state.  Interestingly, other resources which downloaded are fine such as the LIFE APPLICATION BIBLE NOTES which, though in eBook form, contains whole Bible commentary and is indexed for easy navigation.  Please help... and appreciate what you guys must be working through ;)

Posts 9069
LogosEmployee

VINCENT BRAVOCO III:
DAKE ANNOTATED BIBLE NOTES eBook.  When you try to open this eBook, it shows no table of contents but opens to Genesis by default.  However, if you scroll through Genesis, it stops at chapter 38.

This was produced via an automated conversion process. Many times, the output of this process is "good enough" until the resource can be upgraded to a Logos Research edition. (That's why we are releasing them as ebooks first.)

It may be that our source material (for the automated conversion) was incomplete, and that's why it stops at Exodus 38. Dake's Topics is similarly affected: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/194101.aspx 

I'll let the Content team know this one needs extra work.

Posts 3157
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2020 1:02 PM

Bradley what about this ?

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 191
Joe Mayden | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2020 7:41 AM

If this has been discussed please forgive this post.  It deals with indexes on the Word Search books being migrated as Ebooks.  I know you guys are moving as fast a possible so my question is not about why the indexing of the migrated books is not done.  

My question is how we will know when the creating indexing occurs?  Would it be looking for certain titles each time my Logos is updated?

For example, because it is not indexed the Life Application Study Bible is not functional for what it was designed to do.  I know you will get to it when you can, but is there a way that it can be automatically communicated when it is indexed without adding something to your plate.

Thankful for Logos

Posts 5201
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2020 7:01 PM

Joe Mayden:

My question is how we will know when the creating indexing occurs?  Would it be looking for certain titles each time my Logos is updated?

For example, because it is not indexed the Life Application Study Bible is not functional for what it was designed to do.  I know you will get to it when you can, but is there a way that it can be automatically communicated when it is indexed without adding something to your plate.

When a resource appears as a Logos Research Edition, it's done.

Posts 1100
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2020 7:15 PM

I never heard of that.  So the question becomes: how will we know when a resource appears as a Logos Research Edition?

Posts 32168
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2020 8:09 PM

Larry Craig:
So the question becomes: how will we know when a resource appears as a Logos Research Edition?

It will show as an updated resource.

The edition field in the library metadata will say "Logos Research Edition"

The resource information panel will say Logos Research Edition.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1100
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2020 8:13 PM

thank you

Page 5 of 7 (139 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS