Best Commentaries Sale

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 573
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 22 2020 10:59 AM

I am looking at a number of volumes in the Baker Commentary on the Old Testament Wisdom and Psalms. Most of them are in the Best Commentaries sale.  Job is not. The cost for the bundle is 264.99 and if purchased individually is 245.83.  I am curious is this a good price?  When books are bundled together what is the usual savings percentage? After the Best Commentaries sale is over what might the cost be?  Thank you for your help.

Posts 1397
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 11:02 AM

Michael Kinch:

I am looking at a number of volumes in the Baker Commentary on the Old Testament Wisdom and Psalms. Most of them are in the Best Commentaries sale.  Job is not. The cost for the bundle is 264.99 and if purchased individually is 245.83.  I am curious is this a good price?  When books are bundled together what is the usual savings percentage? After the Best Commentaries sale is over what might the cost be?  Thank you for your help.

Others may know better, but I think 30% is as good as it ever gets with Baker.

Posts 18664
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 11:15 AM

Michael Kinch:
The cost for the bundle is 264.99 and if purchased individually is 245.83. 

Purchased individually includes volume(s) on sale that are less expensive to acquire individually, which will have a dynamic discount effect on bundle pricing.

Logos.com can be sorted by Savings => https://www.logos.com/search?limit=60&page=1&ownership=unowned&geographicAvailability=all&filters=availability-storefront-lo_Available%20At%2Bstatus-live_Status&sortBy=Savings

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9396
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 11:38 AM

Paul Caneparo:
Others may know better, but I think 30% is as good as it ever gets with Baker.

I believe you are correct. The only exception might be the discount if those volumes are allowed to be put into a new Logos library when L9 come out. Baker hasn't been too liberal about letting FL use its books in their libraries, however, so I think I'd take the 30% sale and be thankful for it.

EDIT: BTW I got one of those volumes about 3 years ago for about $24.00, so the price is going up! I doubt you'll get them cheaper in the future.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 4432
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2020 9:40 AM

Michael Kinch:
The cost for the bundle is 264.99 and if purchased individually is 245.83.  I am curious is this a good price?

As Keep Smiling hinted, you'll get a better price if you figure out which books in the series are individually discounted by more than the collection is discounted as a whole, buy those ones individually, and then (in a separate purchase) buy the rest as a collection.

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 659
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2020 2:04 AM

Anyone know when this sale ends?

Posts 1397
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2020 4:06 AM

Stephen Steele:

Anyone know when this sale ends?

Midnight Bellingham time on 1st October.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS