Empty Tables of Contents in some transferred Wordsearch books

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Christopher Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 22 2020 12:54 PM

I've noticed that in some books transferred from Wordsearch, the table of contents is empty apart from the first item. This is true of a lot of the Vance Havner books (e.g. Day by Day - a Book of Bible Devotions, In Tune With Heaven).  The same is true of the Atlas of Bible Lands (Hammond).  Will Faithlife will be able to fix this please?

Posts 9396
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 12:59 PM

It could be due to the fact that Faithlife is producing ebooks through an automated process in order to get as many out as quickly as they can. They will later come back with at least some of these and create more functional and polished versions.

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/193938/1117970.aspx#1117970 

I wouldn't think the Havner books would need extra treatment, so they may need Faithlife to give them an extra look. The Atlas will undoubtedly get the full Logos treatment. ETA for all of this to be completed is year end.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 4112
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 5:55 PM

Mark Smith:

It could be due to the fact that Faithlife is producing ebooks through an automated process in order to get as many out as quickly as they can. They will later come back with at least some of these and create more functional and polished versions.

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/193938/1117970.aspx#1117970 

I wouldn't think the Havner books would need extra treatment, so they may need Faithlife to give them an extra look. The Atlas will undoubtedly get the full Logos treatment. ETA for all of this to be completed is year end.

Every time I see that, I wonder how they are going to accomplish such a herculean task. thousands of books!

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 6
Christopher Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2020 2:10 AM

Thanks Mark, much appreciated.  I guess it must be a challenging task!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS