NLT owned products or I don't own... Logos doesn't know because they tell both options

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 20
Alan Lamb | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 24 2020 5:07 AM

If this is a smooth transition, I hate to see what a rough transition. There are problems, that are not being acknowledged or fixed. 

I own the NLT application bible and it says in progress but not working though showing available... outline show up which I never used. 

The NLT application commentary shows available, but does not work. Another book I'm going to have to buy from Amazon and put in my Kindle. See the screen shots below saying I own, yet don't own NLT commentary... Sad this is what I'm experiencing with many of my books. And the answer is just wait a few days, I think I could wait a yeas and the problems will never be addressed or fixed. The search box returns an error in this forum, which might help save time. 

Posts 4165
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2020 11:56 AM

Alan Lamb:

I own the NLT application bible and it says in progress but not working though showing available... outline show up which I never used. 

You may not be aware you did so, but this is the third similar post you made this morning :) may want to pare that down to a single post.

as to the comment about no one acknowledging your comments, I've responded personally to a number of your posts, and you haven't acknowledged those - so perhaps you're just not seeing people responses.

It happens. Life - and especially ministry - is busy.

Finally if it says in progress, its not brought over yet. Wait a few days was more about getting your licenses moved into Logos, which they have done. Now the things that are in progress or Not started they say will be done by years end.

If you find something you absolutely need, that isn't in logos yet, you can always use it in WS.

Blessings.

Edit: Fourth post actually.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 20
Alan Lamb | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 28 2020 7:11 AM

Yep, error on the Logos end giving me an error and showing the post did not go through. Worst software I have ever used outside of Adobe. Seems to not like Chrome browsers

Left it alone over the weekend, same old not working, books still converting, not available so on. Tried using it this morning to do some work, not working and I'm not surprised. 

Posts 102
The Flanary's | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 28 2020 9:52 AM

Alan Lamb:

Yep, error on the Logos end giving me an error and showing the post did not go through. Worst software I have ever used outside of Adobe. Seems to not like Chrome browsers

Left it alone over the weekend, same old not working, books still converting, not available so on. Tried using it this morning to do some work, not working and I'm not surprised. 

Wordsearch is still functioning, and will remain functioning until Operating Systems advance past its current level.
Logos is under zero obligation, morally or legally, to give us anything for free...I am very grateful that they are graciously and freely helping us keep our libraries

None of us likes change...

Posts 19599
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 28 2020 10:55 AM

Alan Lamb:
Seems to not like Chrome browsers

Apologies for not knowing about Chrome compatibility with Community Forum discussions (older forum software predates Chrome). Personally use Opera 71.0.3770.171 browser on macOS 10.15.7 for Forum discussions (and other Faithlife web sites). Logos Wiki Using the Forums includes 

Seem to remember Chrome being one of the browsers for Web App development => https://app.logos.com & https://app.verbum.com

Alan Lamb:
The search box returns an error in this forum, which might help save time. 

Unfortunately residual effect from thousands of SPAM postings many months ago is forum search showing an error when result(s) include SPAM. Logos Wiki Using the Forums includes:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 20
Alan Lamb | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 28 2020 12:10 PM

Makes sense...

but trying to find useful information and answer is like drinking from a 3 inch fire hose. I might try another browser, but I regularly use three different browsers (five on the iPad) and that is enough for now. 

Or maybe the app will help? 

Posts 19599
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 28 2020 3:18 PM

Alan Lamb:

Makes sense...

but trying to find useful information and answer is like drinking from a 3 inch fire hose.

Understand fire hose analogy while being Thankful for many friendly forum and Faithlife discussions: have learned a lot (over a decade) plus have a lot to learn. Also cognizant that finding relevant thread(s) can be challenging so asking question(s) that has been asked before is OK.

FYI: Logos Wiki => https://wiki.logos.com is primarily a user maintained repository, which includes a number of items from forum discussions. Logos Wiki search works OK (no longer shows residual SPAM results from many months ago). Thankful for Faithlife publishing/maintaining software release notes to Wiki.

Alan Lamb:
See the screen shots below saying I own, yet don't own NLT commentary... Sad 

Previous screen shot did not appear for others to see. Does your ownership appear on => https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/library-migration ?

Note: thread => ANNOUNCE: Licenses are imported mentions another batch of WS licenses should be imported in a week or two

Alan Lamb:

The NLT application commentary shows available, but does not work.

Apologies for agony of not working while wondering what is not working ? (along with appreciating Logos has a learning curve for efficient use)

Curious about WS book id's ? WS Catalog => https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/catalog does not show NLT Application title(s).

In thread => Status of your Wordsearch Library noticed Faithlife employees replied to you:

Under my avatar (look up in sky at times to see God's Rainbow Smiling in ice crystals) is a rusty star for Many Volunteer Posts (MVP).

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS