Improving Bible Book Outlines in the Factbook

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 217
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 25 2020 2:39 PM

This fall I have the privilege of teaching an Old Testament Survey course. In preparation for lectures, I find myself consulting the Outline section of the Factbook in crafting / choosing succinct outlines for every OT book that I then give my students.

I have found this specific tool to be decent, but could use some improvement. Currently, it seems like a random assortment of links to resources.

I have two suggestions for how to improve it:

1. The results in the list should reflect our "prioritize resources" list in the library portion of Logos. It does NOT currently seem to be reflected at all.
  2. Many of the results that populate the list are for chapters or smaller sections of the Bible's book. These can be useful, but highly distracting when I'm only searching for the overall book's outline. I suggest the creation of two sub-categories within the Outline section: something like "Whole Book" and "Selected Passages" (chapters or other smaller sections).

I think implementing both of these changes would make this particular section of the Factbook far more useful than it is currently. Thank you for considering my input!

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

This doesn't directly address your feedback, but does the Bible Outline Browser help get you to the information you're looking for? https://ref.ly/logosres/interactive:bible-outline-browser?pos=index.html%23!%2fread%3freference%3dBibleNRSV.Dt1 

(There are Read and Compare views selectable in the top right of the panel.)

Posts 217
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2020 6:46 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

This doesn't directly address your feedback, but does the Bible Outline Browser help get you to the information you're looking for? https://ref.ly/logosres/interactive:bible-outline-browser?pos=index.html%23!%2fread%3freference%3dBibleNRSV.Dt1 

(There are Read and Compare views selectable in the top right of the panel.)

Bradley, thank you so much for taking the time to address my suggestions. I didn't even realize that the Bible Outline Browser existed! It is helpful in speeding up the process of being able to see the whole book outlines. The order of the resources on the left side panel appear to be sorted alphabetically. This is superior to what seemed random, but I would still prefer an order according to my prioritized resources. Or maybe the option to switch between resources sorted alphabetically or sorted by prioritization.

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS