SUGGESTION: Faithlife I owe you an apology (almost) for counts that don't balance

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 33258
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 28 2020 3:09 PM

As I have been going through the Bible Word Study in detail, I have discovered that the number of occurrences data that I thought showed an error because it did not balance, was an error of expectations - I should not have expected them to balance because they were working off different data e.g. Andersen-Forbes Hebrew text vs. Lexham Hebrew text. Had I known that, I would have been looking for differences in the base text rather than turning in BUG reports.

I suggest that the app address this issue by adding an icon to the section heading bars -- guides and factbook -- that provides a list of the datas sources. It would both help us understand what we are looking at, know how to verify the data, and avoid buggy bug reports.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 28 2020 3:49 PM

Can't see the need for apologies. The issue sort of follows FL around like a bad penney (not telling customers what they bought, and what they're looking at). I always liked Vincent (last name hard to spell) but apparently he left FL. I know you feel Libby is highly over-rated (by me) but her documentation was a lot better.  When you asked about AF, Libby listed; El Seven didn't.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 1843
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 4:27 AM

MJ. Smith:
I suggest that the app address this issue by adding an icon to the section heading bars -- guides and factbook -- that provides a list of the datas sources. It would both help us understand what we are looking at, know how to verify the data, and avoid buggy bug reports.

Amen! Just as important as the result is saying how you got it.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS