Prioritizing Commentary series

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 185
Al Het | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 30 2020 3:42 PM

I bought a bunch of books from the NAC series through the "Top Commentaries" sale.  Today I was trying to prioritize them as a series, and it wouldn't work.  I could drag individual resources into the "Prefer These Resources," and only that resource would be prioritized there.  I would right click on a resource, choose "Prioritize this series," and the series would not be put into the preferred column.

I'm assuming this means that if you don't have every book in the series, you can't prioritize the series?  I'm like 8 books short, but those books weren't part of the Top Commentaries sale.  Really, I wanted to be able to prioritize other commentary series that I only have a few books of, hoping the category would continue to work as I added resources in the future.

Thanks for any input.

Posts 9542
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 4:54 PM

Al,

I'm not sure what is going wrong, but, no, you don't need to have all the volumes in a series to prioritize the series.

I wonder if you have looked all the way at the bottom of the Prefer these resources pane to see if the series is there. If you drag, you can drag to a position. If you use the right click menu, the resource or series goes to the bottom of the panel and you have to drag it to the position you want it to be in.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 185
Al Het | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 4:59 PM

Thank you, Mark. 

I just figured it out.  The resources didn't automatically download to the computer.  I didn't realize it, because about 300 MB of stuff DID download, so I assumed that the books were there.  Once I downloaded them, they prioritized quickly and correctly.  Should have caught that much quicker - the old brain isn't what it used to be.

Thanks again for throwing in.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS