Scholar's Journal Collection (2,857 vols.)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5573
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 3 2020 5:07 AM

It seems odd to me that, at the time of this writing, the Scholar's Journal Collection (2,857 vols.) contains five journals that don't fall under the heading of "Journals and Magazines". (Scroll all the way to the bottom.)

Posts 4155
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2020 7:57 AM

Nice catch Smile

I hope my ignorance on this can be excused, but IS C.T. A scholarly journal? Seems like a collection of scholarly journals, and yet I thought Christianity Today was more of a news and opinion thing.

despite owning some, I've never really read it.

Also I can purchase the parts of that package that I don't have (C.T. 1956-2016 and Kuyper) $90 together. However, if I purchase the collection, they want me to pay USD$ 153.89.

This thing has a couple of flaws it seems. :/

Edit: Turns out that Scholar's Journal Collection (2,857 vols.) doesn't have an academic discount. but some of its constituent parts do.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 743
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2020 8:09 AM

abondservant:

IS C.T. A scholarly journal? 

No, it’s a magazine. And a magazine that has been stripped of its images. I’m not sure why they include magazines in journal collections. Seems they offer enough of them to offer a magazine collection on its own.

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | 4 Portfolio | 5 Platinum | 6 Feature Crossgrade | 7 Essential | 8 M & W Platinum and Academic Professional | 9 Academic Professional and Messianic Jewish Diamond

Posts 4155
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2020 8:10 AM

Scott E. Mahle:

abondservant:

IS C.T. A scholarly journal? 

No, it’s a magazine. And a magazine that has been stripped of its images. I’m not sure why they include magazines in journal collections. Seems they offer enough of them to offer a magazine collection on its own.

thats what I thought, thanks for confirming it.

Looks to be the "unscholarly" journal package.

Skips academic pricing, and includes barebones opinion magazines :/

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS