Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
RevTrev | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 13 2020 8:03 AM

I am a proud Logos user for years and had 2 emails with MyWSB. One email transferred the books over just fine and I emailed CS about merging the other email with my Logos account. Unfortunately, I am missing many books such as Millard Erickson Christian Theology and many of the Christ-Centered Exposition Series. Who do I need to contact about this?

I checked the status of my books using the link that shows updates but it only shows the books from one of my emails. Any help would be great!

Thanks so much!

Trevor

Posts 5256
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 13 2020 8:42 AM

RevTrev:
I checked the status of my books using the link that shows updates but it only shows the books from one of my emails. Any help would be great!

Greetings RevTrev and welcome to the forum community 

RevTrev:
Who do I need to contact about this?

The 'received wisdom' is to contact customer services and ask them to merge the two accounts. Best to do this by phone or Skype rather than email.

There is a theoretical way forward, which would be to have a second logos account that is attached to the second email address.  Once that is set up you could have your second Wordsearch accounts volumes downloaded to it.

To me this would seem an impractical and inefficient way to manage your resources but I am not aware of the original reasons you went this route in the first place.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 2
RevTrev | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 13 2020 5:52 PM

Thanks Mike! I contacted CS by phone and did just that! I asked them to merge both emails to my Logos account and it must not have worked. I will follow up with another call to CS.

Blessings!

Trevor

Posts 75
John Simpson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 13 2020 6:57 PM

RevTrev:
I am a proud Logos user for years and had 2 emails with MyWSB. One email transferred the books over just fine and I emailed CS about merging the other email with my Logos account. Unfortunately, I am missing many books such as Millard Erickson Christian Theology and many of the Christ-Centered Exposition Series.

If the books were purchased on mywsb.com, the licenses will be Lifeway licenses instead of Wordsearch licenses. My copy of Millard Erickson Christian Theology was a Lifeway license and did not transfer to Logos. I also had  lot of the Christ-Centered Exposition Series from a Lifeway coupon.

"Books purchased directly from the LifeWay store will not show up in your Logos library. They were not part of the set of licenses we acquired with the Wordsearch business."  https://blog.wordsearchbible.com/2020/09/24/9-reasons-you-might-not-see-your-books-yet-and-what-to-do-about-it

If you have Wordsearch desktop, you can run a library report and see which type of license it is. https://office.wordsearchbible.com/help/12/en/index.html?my_library_report.htm

You can also see your Lifeway licenses by looking at https://read.lifeway.com/ though it is possible you have duplicate licenses for both Lifeway & Wordsearch for the same title.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS