Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1
Pastor Tony Whitehead | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 24 2020 9:00 AM

USE WITH CAUTION!!!!     I'm just gonna say this here....   If you are using sermon editor to write your sermons, it is not reliable on saving.    The Sermon Editor does not save any info offline, and even when it tells you it synched, it may not.

I was told that the sermon editor works offline, and paid the nearly $1200 to upgrade specifically for that tool, but come to find out -- after losing an entire sermon Friday night -- it does not!

So, be sure that you are connected to a network, and that it does actually sync properly before you close the program or you may suffer my fate, and have to start completely over on your sermon notes.

Posts 238
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 24 2020 9:18 AM

I am so sorry to hear what happened to you Tony. I have used sermon editor exclusively for more than a year now and have never had anything like that happen to me. Did you try going to https://documents.logos.com/, signing in and see if the document might be there? I use it on line, off-line and daily since I also use it to compose my podcasts, and have never ever lost anything. You might want tech to check your logs. Something highly unusual is happening there. Again, so sorry. Such losses are really painful. 

Posts 5369
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 24 2020 9:46 AM

Greetings Tony and welcome to the forum community

Pastor Tony Whitehead:
The Sermon Editor does not save any info offline, and even when it tells you it synched, it may not.

I am not a regular user of the Sermon Editor, but was so surprised by your assertion that I opened Logos with my wi-fi turned off and opened a sermon doc that I had experimented with some time ago. Lo and behold it popped up on my screen as I expected it would.

Pastor Tony Whitehead:
I was told that the sermon editor works offline, and paid the nearly $1200 to upgrade specifically for that tool, but come to find out -- after losing an entire sermon Friday night -- it does not!

I imagine that for the $1200 dollars you got a lot more than the Sermon Editor. If these extras are of little use to you might consider returning the package and joining Faithlife Connect. At $150 a year you be a member for 8 years before you spent $1200.

Reid has given you some tips to locate your work - If that proves fruitless I am sure that one of the Forum members will be able to offer some further advice. It might help if you let us know what OS you are using and what version of Logos is installed on your computer.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 8207
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 24 2020 10:21 AM

That’s why I write the outline in Word and then copy and paste it into the sermon editor.

DAL

Posts 98

For more than a year I use the sermon editor almost daily, and never had a problem like that.

Posts 2136
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 24 2020 11:03 AM

Tony, I've very sorry this happened. Our team is looking into this for you to see if we can restore it or figure out what happened.

Sermon Editor does store your sermon fully offline.

Posts 8207
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 24 2020 12:58 PM

Pedro Gabriel Cavalcanti Lima:

For more than a year I use the sermon editor almost daily, and never had a problem like that.

It’s getting improved soon 👍😁👌

Posts 98

DAL:
t’s getting improved soon 👍😁👌

I'm waiting for this!

Posts 393
LogosEmployee

Hi Tony,

Could you please post your log file for us to investigate?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS