Wondering what Faithlife developers who aren't catching up on their sleep are doing?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 34365
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 27 2020 3:13 PM

https://feedback.faithlife.com/ --> Roadmap --> In progress Now we have insight into what they are working on which includes:

• Dataset: English translations
  • Dataset: Messianic prophecy
  • Dataset: Prayers in the Bible
  • Dataset: Covenants in the Bible
  • Dataset: Altars in the Bible
  • Dataset: Denominations
  • Dataset: NASB 2020 Reverse interlinear
  • Marketing: base packages for families
  • Mobile app: Improve reference scanner
  • Proclaim: allow modifying alt-content fields
  • Resource: NASB2020
  • Resource: NET Bible, 2nd ed.
  • Resource: Logos author guides
  • Resource: Fire Bible
  • Resource updates: tag prayers in prayerbooks, sermons, etc.
  • Resource updates: add all dictionaries to Factbook
  • Resource updates: make hyperlinks between resources work

In addition, Sean has said that the intent is to publish Factbook data updates every two weeks; a SR-1 has been released to solve the crash for users who tried to use tools before the required resources were downloaded and indexed.

The purpose of this post is to make sure you know where to look for what's in the works, not to imply pleasure or displeasure with the current status.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5720
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 7:37 PM

I quite appreciate having some idea of what they are truly working on. Smile

“Whoever looks upon the Crucified One sees what love is.” — Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 7:41 PM

It is quite nice to know some of the things they are working on, yet I also appreciate the mystery of not knowing everything they're working on!

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 9542
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 7:58 PM

Thanks for putting that list together, MJ.

There are a number of starred items in the Feature packages that we know they are working on.

Other people at FL are busily bringing all the Wordsearch resources up to Logos standards and getting ready to offer them to all of us. :)

The only quiet spot in Bellingham these days is the old shipping department. Some of us remember when that must have been a hopping place when there was a new release or a longed for resource that was finally issued. Quiet now, methinks.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5720
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 8:29 PM

Mark Smith:
The only quiet spot in Bellingham these days is the old shipping department. Some of us remember when that must have been a hopping place when there was a new release or a longed for resource that was finally issued. Quiet now, methinks.

I guess you could say I'm trying to change that: https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/faithlife-com/posts/809

“Whoever looks upon the Crucified One sees what love is.” — Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger

Posts 9701
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 5:35 AM

I really do like the new roadmap feature.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS