Need bibliography help.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3
Vincent Flores | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 30 2020 2:24 PM

Greetings. I'm currently enrolled at RBC. This is my first college experience at 43 and essay writing is on the verge of breaking me. It is not something I'm good at. I'm hoping someone here can help me out. Right now If I copy and paste from Logos to word it will give me a citation with a footnote. Is there a way to compose all these footnotes into a bibliography, or do I need to manually type them all? Any and all help is appreciated.

Posts 29347
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 2:29 PM

Footnotes are not in the format of a bibliography. They are different and serve similar but different purposes. To get a bibliographic entry, click on the resources info button (circle “I” icon). 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3
Vincent Flores | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 2:37 PM

Circle "I"? I'm using a mac, and think I see that. If I click on the 3 dots in the upper left and go to the information tab I don't see a bibliographic entry? admittedly It may there I just don't see it.

Posts 29347
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 2:43 PM

Vincent Flores:
Circle "I"?

I am misremembering from a previous version of Logos.

Vincent Flores:
If I click on the 3 dots in the upper left and go to the information tab I don't see a bibliographic entry

You scroll downwards. 

Most books will just have one citation, but this particular resource is for a dictionary. If you are citing the book, you use the first one. If you are citing the article, you use the second one. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 5679
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 2:44 PM

Welecome to the forums Vincent.  And great to hear you are undertaking college studies.  Ask lots of quesitons here for there are many here that have been on that journey or are on it now.

In regards to your question take a look at the following support article to get started and then please come back with specific questions you have about how to make this work for your situation. The short answer is yes you can use Logos to assist you. There is a bibliography document you can create and export.

https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016747291-Bibliography 

Vincent Flores:

Greetings. I'm currently enrolled at RBC. This is my first college experience at 43 and essay writing is on the verge of breaking me. It is not something I'm good at. I'm hoping someone here can help me out. Right now If I copy and paste from Logos to word it will give me a citation with a footnote. Is there a way to compose all these footnotes into a bibliography, or do I need to manually type them all? Any and all help is appreciated.

Posts 1821
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 2:44 PM

Edit: I see that Disciple II and I posted at relatively the same time with the same advice.

Another way to do your bibliography is to use the bibliography document tool in Logos.

The best practice is to open it when you do any research. As you find resources to reference, you simply drag and drop and the citation is automatic.

1. Click the Documents tab and select the "New" button. From there, select Bibliography. A new bibliography document will open.

2. Give your document a title.

3. As you come across references that you want to include, simply left click and hold at the top of the resource and drag it into your document. This will add the citation to your document.

If you get stuck, please ask and I'll try to clarify.

Posts 3
Vincent Flores | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 3:31 PM

You guys are awesome! This has been stressing me out! Thanks. If I use the Bibliography tool, Can i then just Copy and paste all the entries into word?

Posts 1821
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 3:48 PM

Vincent Flores:
Can i then just Copy and paste all the entries into word?

I just tried it and I could only copy one citation at a time.

If that would be too cumbersome or time consuming, I was able to print/export to both PDF and Microsoft XPS Document Writer and then do a mass copy of the entire document and paste it into Word that way. It is only one or two extra steps.

Posts 1821
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 4:20 PM

Vincent, there are quite a few "unofficial" trainers that teach Logos. There is one in particular that offers a class on using Logos for writing an academic paper at a very affordable price (I just checked and it is $7.99). The video is 1 hour, 13 minutes long and I found it to be really helpful.

Since he is an unofficial trainer, I believe the intention of the forum rules is that they prefer me to not post a link here (very understandable). If you are interested, you can shoot me an email at ricksjunkmail (at) comsouth (net) I had to disguise the email in order to prevent spambots from picking up on it. 

If you email me at that address, I'll send you a link to a sample of the video and also a link to buy it if you choose to.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS