Sermon Prep

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 572
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 7 2020 6:17 AM

What is your procedure in writing sermons? Do you use a workflow first or go straight into the Sermon Builder? Any suggestions would be appreciated. When I preach I do not use slides but with Sermon Builder I am thinking perhaps I should incorporate slides into my sermons.

Posts 4946
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2020 7:10 AM

If you do go to using slides, and if you choose text slides...

May I, on behalf of your congregation, plead with you to have enough discipline not to read out the contents of the slides?

Preachers that do that make me behave in very non-christian ways  ;-)

Slides are to supplement the spoken word not to duplicate it.

Posts 102
The Flanary's | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2020 7:40 AM

I have 2 methods depending on my lesson. 
 If I am doing a passage I simply study through (either with a passage guide or notes directly into text) making notes on each verse. Once complete I select all of the notes and "export" to a new sermon and edit from there.
 If I'm doing a more topical lesson, I usually create it directly in sermon builder. (Usually from hand notes taken in my "prayer closet" and then input into the builder)
 The first is my typical method as I am chiefly an adult t6eacher, the second method usually only takes place when my Pastor is away and I fill in

Posts 2239
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2020 9:51 AM

Michael Kinch:
What is your procedure in writing sermons?

I've adjusted a workflow for Text based sermons

I use the Logos Topical Sermon Preparation for the rare times I do a Topical sermon

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 7625
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2020 9:57 AM

I do what I call Textual Topical sermon/classes.  Textual because I read a text and topical because the topic comes from the text (e.g. Love, works of the flesh, fruit of the Spirit, grace, etc.). Or sometimes I grab an outline from a book and rework it to make it better.

DAL

Ps. I use Microsoft Word and the I copy and paste my outline into the sermon builder.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS