BUG: Word-by-Word shows non-occurrences

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 34364
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 12 2010 6:52 PM

Two problems:

1. on count, the actual test is equal or less than not less than as given in the interface
  2. rather than bypassing verses with a word that meets the text requirements, the verse is shown without any detail below. This takes a lot of space giving me information I either already know or can quickly infer.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5632
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 12 2010 10:13 PM

MJ. Smith:
rather than bypassing verses with a word that meets the text requirements, the verse is shown without any detail below. This takes a lot of space giving me information I either already know or can quickly infer.

I think this is by design, since you can set it to display no words by default (select "Include only these parts of speech", but don't check any word types), and it stills displays all verses. This is useful when you want to manually select the words to display by clicking on them in the verse. I often use it this way.

I think having an additional check box in the section options ("Show only matching verses") would be the best way to handle your request.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 34364
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 12 2010 10:26 PM

Todd Phillips:
I think having an additional check box in the section options ("Show only matching verses") would be the best way to handle your request.

Good idea.

Todd Phillips:
I think this is by design, since you can set it to display no words by default (select "Include only these parts of speech", but don't check any word types), and it stills displays all verses. This is useful when you want to manually select the words to display by clicking on them in the verse. I often use it this way.

You should add this to the wiki as a good tip.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS