ICC (International Critical Commentary) not properly tagged

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 887
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 12 2020 12:56 PM

I got the ICC set via Academic Pro today, and when I looked in my library, I didn't have all the volumes. It turns out that not all the volumes are tagged with ICC. I had to search for "International Critical" to see the volumes I thought I was missing.

I don't know how to correct the Logos default tagging for resources. Can someone at Logos fix the tagging for the ICC volumes so they all have the same series info and tags?

Also, searching for "International Critical" also brought up 2 volumes from NIGTC. That's not right.

Thanks!

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Posts 24616
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2020 1:16 PM

Eric Weiss:
I got the ICC set via Academic Pro today, and when I looked in my library, I didn't have all the volumes. It turns out that not all the volumes are tagged with ICC

Are you referring to the volumes on Lamentations, Colossians and Philemon, John 1-4, Isaiah 1-5, Isaiah 40-55?

As you point out they do not have ICC in the abbreviated title field.

Eric Weiss:
I don't know how to correct the Logos default tagging for resources.

It would be good if Faithlife updated this, but you can change it yourself in the Info Pane in the Library

Eric Weiss:
Can someone at Logos fix the tagging for the ICC volumes so they all have the same series info and tags?

This doesn't relate to the series field though - they all seem to have "international critical"

So a search for Series:"international critical" should find them all

Eric Weiss:
Also, searching for "International Critical" also brought up 2 volumes from NIGTC.

This is actually correct as the words appear in the metadata for these volumes (description field). If you want to limit it, I recommend using the Series filter as above.

Posts 44
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2020 1:32 PM

Graham Criddle:

It would be good if Faithlife updated this, but you can change it yourself in the Info Pane in the Library

Vote on it!  Big Smile

Posts 887
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2020 1:37 PM

I just did a search after my library fully indexed and "ICC" returns 71 books and "International Critical Commentary" returns 79, including 2 NIGTC volumes.

Posts 887
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2020 1:40 PM

I just did another search for "International Critical Commentary" and this time it only returned 77, with no NIGTC volumes.

Posts 887
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2020 1:46 PM

Here you can see which of the 77 titles have missing fields. All the ones above the photo screencap have all the information under Abbreviated Title, Alternate Title, and Series. "International Critical Commentary"

Posts 887
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2020 1:52 PM

Here are the six titles it returns when I use "International Critical Commentaries" spelled as a plural (versus "International Critical Commentary"). This could be the difference between the 71 for "ICC" and the 77 for "International Critical Commentary":

Posts 887
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2020 1:54 PM

Thanks! See my latest posts and screencaps.

Posts 887
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2020 2:23 PM

"Are you referring to the volumes on Lamentations, Colossians and Philemon, John 1-4, Isaiah 1-5, Isaiah 40-55?"

The five volumes you list do show up when I search for "International Critical Commentaries" (plural):

Lamentations, Colossians and Philemon, John 1-4, Isaiah 1-5 (Isaiah 1-27 vol 1), and Isaiah 40-55.

The 6th one that shows up is Isaiah 56-66.

Posts 24616
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2020 2:42 PM

Eric Weiss:
Here are the six titles it returns when I use "International Critical Commentaries" spelled as a plural (versus "International Critical Commentary").

This is because the plural form is present in the description of the resources.

But that all have the series International Critical Commentary.

If you are trying to find all the commentaries in that series then I recommend using the series filter I suggested above

If you are trying to find something different please advise

(And I agree it would be helpful if all the abbreviated titles contained ICC but I'm trying to understand exactly what problem this is causing you)

Posts 2897
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2020 3:29 PM

Graham Criddle:
If you are trying to find all the commentaries in that series then I recommend using the series filter I suggested above
I can confirm undesirable behavior.

series:"international critical" =65 vols.

"International Critical Commentary" =79 with a wild one as shown below.

And "icc" =72

The product page reports there should be 63 volumes. Which results in a 2 volume surplus using your suggestion. I too am confused.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.2.3

Posts 24616
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2020 12:24 AM

Beloved Amodeo:
"International Critical Commentary" =79 with a wild one as shown below.

The "wild one" is due to the term being present in the resource description:

Beloved Amodeo:
The product page reports there should be 63 volumes. Which results in a 2 volume surplus using your suggestion. I too am confused.

This is because there are two recently published ICC commentaries that are not included in the collections:

1. https://www.logos.com/product/186427/exodus-1-18-2-vols 
  2. https://www.logos.com/product/189034/ecclesiastes-1-5-a-critical-and-exegetical-commentary 

Posts 2897
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2020 7:27 AM

Thanks, Graham!

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.2.3

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS