Who ARE These People?? Some Older Threads on Logosians

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 13 2020 7:33 AM

If you're recently new to the Logos forum, or maybe just forgot, there's a couple older threads you might find helpful.

Many from these Logosians threads still post ... some have gone on to be with the Lord. But backgrounds often explain comments.

1. This was a meet and greet thread in 2011. Very interesting.  Add 9 years to the ages!

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/34510.aspx?PageIndex=1&ssi=0 

2. This is Tes's thread ... he keeps it up, periodically. He came from Ethiopia, but is currently in Germany:

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/20083.aspx?ssi=0 

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2020 10:24 AM

Denise:

1. This was a meet and greet thread in 2011. Very interesting.  Add 9 years to the ages!

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/34510.aspx?PageIndex=1&ssi=0 

Thank you for sharing this it was wonderful to scroll through and see everyone including more than a few who have gone on to be with God.

-dan

Posts 1955
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2020 11:34 AM

Wow! 😮

Wow!🙂

Thanks for resurrecting these threads. It brought back tons of memories. People I had forgotten.

It is funny you should do this because at the launch of L9 I was reminiscing of the days before the web forum when we met on usenet newsgroups. A bit geeky, but was so very efficient. 

Anyhow, Bible software development has been a bunch of relationships. Maybe some day Logos should host a physical reunion! We have come a long way.  

Thanks again. You made my day. 

Posts 6699
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2020 11:44 AM

Denise seeing Mvp's who have passed caused my heart to experience mild tremor. Never know that you miss someone until they are gone. Stopping now because of misty eyes.

Matthew Jones
Fred Chapman
Milford Murray

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2020 1:00 PM

Lynden Williams:

Denise seeing Mvp's who have passed caused my heart to experience mild tremor. Never know that you miss someone until they are gone. Stopping now because of misty eyes.

Matthew Jones
Fred Chapman
Milford Murray

Also George Somsel. Not an MVP, but a treasured member of the Logos community.

Posts 841
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2020 1:17 PM

Thanks for bringing this up. I was also emotional. Sometimes, I miss that some of our friends have passed. I think I'll crack open an interlinear in honor of George. Wink

What I also noticed is how some of our very helpful people were relative newbies back then: Graham, NB, JT to name just a few on the first page or so. I've been using this software for, well, just not quite as long as Rosie, but I still almost use Logos only to read.

Lest I neglect to do so and it becomes too late either for me or for you, I love you all!

Lew

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2020 1:24 PM

Donovan R. Palmer:
usenet newsgroups.

Ah I remember those days.... Usually saying "when will the mac version be released..." or reporting bugs in the alpha and beta versions of the mac version... I did like the original mac version despite it's limitations...

-dan

Posts 9427
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2020 1:49 PM

Rosie Perera:

Yes

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 6699
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2020 1:51 PM

Lew Worthington:

Lest I neglect to do so and it becomes too late either for me or for you, I love you all!

Lew

Ahhh. Thanks bro. Same to you.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 7856
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2020 2:55 PM

Did we ever find out who “Silent Sam” was? I always wondered about that.

DAL

Posts 1851
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2020 3:55 PM

Tonight at dinner, raise a glass to our old friend and helper Steve Clark.

On a lighter note, what ever happened to 'Unix'?

Win 10 | Android 9 | Fire OS 5

Posts 7856
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2020 4:03 PM

Robert M. Warren:

Tonight at dinner, raise a glass to our old friend and helper Steve Clark.

On a lighter note, what ever happened to 'Unix'?

He just posted at the Accordance forum.  His usual detailed posts. I think he’s more of an Accordance guy now.

DAL

Posts 31305
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2020 4:15 PM

DAL:
He just posted at the Accordance forum.  His usual detailed posts. I think he’s more of an Accordance guy now.

I believe that is a different Steve Clark.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 7856
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2020 4:38 PM

MJ. Smith:

DAL:

I believe that is a different Steve Clark.

I was referring to Unix 👍😁👌

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2020 4:40 PM

Remember this classic hilarious thread that just went on and on, building up the post counts of many of us old-timers? They finally locked it down, like a Monty Python skit being brought to a screeching halt by Graham Chapman as the anti-silliness police.

The correct way to Hijack a thread

Posts 1851
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2020 4:42 PM

Yeah, the Steve Clark I mean is a guy who once wrote helper programs related to Logos. His son left us a note about Steve's death.

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/127178.aspx?PageIndex=1 

'Unix' was a guy would buy a lot of stuff and change his mind and return it, which he memorialized in novellas on the forum.

Win 10 | Android 9 | Fire OS 5

Posts 2152
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2020 6:01 PM

Rosie Perera:

Lynden Williams:

Matthew Jones
Fred Chapman
Milford Murray

Did George pass away, though?  I thought I saw him post not long ago.  

Edit:  Looking back, I guess it's been a year.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 31305
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2020 8:22 PM

Joseph Turner:
Did George pass away, though? 

His daughter sent me a message that he'd passed a few years back. The one recent post was someone who inherited his account.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2152
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2020 4:41 AM

MJ. Smith:

Joseph Turner:
Did George pass away, though? 

His daughter sent me a message that he'd passed a few years back. The one recent post was someone who inherited his account.

I did not know that.  I am friends with him on Facebook, so when he originally dropped off from the forums I checked his page to see if there was anything, but there was not.  I even sent him a message to check on him, but of course there was no response.  Thanks for the update.  

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 9530
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2020 6:35 AM

Thanks for resurrecting these threads Denise. It brings back many good memories.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS