Faithlife to Offer African-American Libraries

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 9479
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 13 2020 2:21 PM

Maybe I'm late to the party but I found this on Christian Post today: https://www.christianpost.com/news/logos-bible-software-amplifies-black-church-voices-in-resources.html 

Faithlife is working with the Kerusso Collective to produce distinctively African-American libraries for lay, pastoral, and academic markets, according to the article.

This is good news. Glad Faithlife is on this path. I look forward to seeing what they are able to put together.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5212
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2020 3:20 PM

Looks like good news to me! Good on Faithlife for doing this--and for having started this project before this past summer.

Faithlife:

How will Faithlife ensure the Kerusso Collective reflects the vast theological diversity within the African American church?

Faithlife embraces internal cultural diversity within the African American community and will engage scholars, authors, and business leaders who clearly understand and represent that diversity.

As the Kerusso Collective grows, I look forward to seeing it coming to reflect this vast theological diversity, e.g., by incorporating African American Catholic and Orthodox perspectives.

Posts 32188
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2020 3:30 PM

Really good news. I hope this means Renita Weems is forthcoming

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2903
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2020 4:41 PM

Thanks, Mark for bringing this wonderful news to the forums. FL once again is on the cutting edge of development. I am extremely encouraged that this venture will represent the fulsome faith experience Africa and the diaspora represents. I hope this FL venture reflects the global perspective this community has afforded religious practices since its inception. 

I am also hopeful that the scholarship and products brought to market will encourage the message of the kingdom from a deliverance, liberation and unity perspective. We are all one in Christ giving voice to the least of these frees us all. Thank you, FL for being on the forefront by partnering with our communities to have this voice be heard and recognized as relevant and profitable. 

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.2.3

Posts 694
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2020 6:17 PM

Great work, FL! Surprise

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS