Does anyone have a .docx file of Calvin's Institutes that they can share?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1
Andrew Nunn | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 14 2020 8:17 AM

I'm pretty new to importing my personal books into logos, and I have had a hard time retaining the formatting for my books when I convert them. Does anyone happen to have a properly formatted .doc file of Calvin's Institutes that they could share with me?

Posts 24005
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2020 8:26 AM

Hi Andrew - and welcome to the forums

Have you looked at purchasing one of the versions of this from the Logos store?

I would have expected this to produce a better result than a Personal Book.

Graham

Posts 3027
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2020 9:22 AM

I agree with Graham. I've tried a PB version of a part of CI, and it was a struggle (at best). After that debacle, I bought two different versions as Logos resources and have never been disappointed. That's your best option.

Part B: Posting a doc here for a resource available as a Logos item violates the forum guidelines, so even if someone has one, I doubt they'd respond here...at least, not if they have a good conscience. :-)

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 1764
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2020 12:14 PM

I have made many Personal Books with extensive tagging and shared them in the Files section. But not of an edition that Logos sells, and if Logos comes out with an official version, I stop releasing any updates. There are LOTS of editions of Calvin's Institutes out there for Logos. My understanding is that the Battles translation is generally viewed as the standard one now. It may be expensive, years ago I picked up quite cheap in Reformed Starter, and it is still included, and is generally rather inexpensive if you already have a Logos base package.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 1429
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2020 12:30 PM

Andrew Nunn:

Does anyone happen to have a properly formatted .doc file of Calvin's Institutes

The Weber translation has been shared in the German subforum: 

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/194712/1123141.aspx#1123141 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS