CNTTS Question Regarding Manuscripts

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 29 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8912
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 17 2020 2:16 AM

The CNTTS apparatus shows the codes for the different manuscripts (P1, P12, P100, etc.).  My question is, when you hover your mouse over the different manuscript codes does it show a pop up window giving you a preview of the manuscript? Another similar question: Are the manuscripts linked to the CNTTS so that if you click on P112 it will open that particular manuscript or any other you click on?

Thanks!

DAL

Posts 3358
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2020 2:43 AM

there is a Book with all the Manuscripts https://www.logos.com/product/7855/the-text-of-the-earliest-new-testament-greek-manuscripts and to your Question if you click it opens in Logos, if you click on the Image it opens the Image in CNTTS

Posts 25762
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2020 2:59 AM

DAL:
My question is, when you hover your mouse over the different manuscript codes does it show a pop up window giving you a preview of the manuscript?

DAL:
Are the manuscripts linked to the CNTTS so that if you click on P112 it will open that particular manuscript or any other you click on?

No - clicking the manuscripts doesn't do anything. Which I do find surprising.

Posts 3358
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2020 3:17 AM

oh sorry you mean this one...missunderstanding. Graham are you shure..do you have the Manuscript? I had this Rescource in L6 or so and I think it opens my Manuscript

Posts 8912
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2020 3:42 AM

I wish the manuscripts were tagged so they would open when you click on them and not just give you information on the manuscript.

May it’s time for Logos to update and revamp the CNTTS, it would be much more user friendly. 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 25762
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2020 3:55 AM

Sascha John:
Graham are you shure..do you have the Manuscript?

Yes - as below

Sascha John:
I had this Rescource in L6 or so and I think it opens my Manuscript

That's interesting - if I'm missing something I would like to know

Can you try it and see what happens?

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2020 4:33 AM

DAL:

The CNTTS apparatus shows the codes for the different manuscripts (P1, P12, P100, etc.).  My question is, when you hover your mouse over the different manuscript codes does it show a pop up window giving you a preview of the manuscript? Another similar question: Are the manuscripts linked to the CNTTS so that if you click on P112 it will open that particular manuscript or any other you click on?

1. Let's be clear ... Logos has transcriptions of a few early mss. In BW, you have mss images, along with verse number overlays, to find your place.

2. 'I think' there's a PB that links to on-line imagery ... maybe it was DSS?

3. L9 intro'd a mss tool, but it's worse than CNTTS (as far as I can see). The former explore tool was high-level.

4. Since the Comfort 'P' mss's directly link to the Bible, I'm not sure what CNTTS would add (for P's). I use CNTTS to see the varient aging pattern (I color code the estimated century).

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 8912
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2020 4:40 AM

Which version is better Denise, Accordance or Logos? Accordance has it half off right now.

DAL

Posts 3358
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2020 4:41 AM

Graham as I retired I gave my whole old Libary to a young Pastor ...so I just have only the Starter without this Recource...could be I'm wrong I just thought it opended

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2020 5:05 AM

DAL:

Which version is better Denise, Accordance or Logos? Accordance has it half off right now.

DAL

Well, I'm pretty sure you have Comfort's P series. The two imagery resources in Accordance (Leningrad and CNTTS), of course, are the Sangre La. I was ready to buy even at full price, except it seems desktop only.  Crocidile tears. Since the title is CNTTS, I'd assume they're linked (and ergo not on mobile).

I sort of 'fell in love' with BW's mss verse-level linkage to imagery.  Just seeing the faded ink, as someone slowly proceeded forward carefully (maybe for silver, who knows).

Posts 8912
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2020 8:58 AM

Denise,

The CNTTS works on Mobile devices according to Accordance.  The rest that you mentioned I don’t know.

Posts 8912
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2020 3:21 PM

For $49.90 I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to get CNTTS. Not only it’s the revised edition, but I believe Accordance organized it better.  Now I’ll play with it a little bit with a nice training video I found 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 63
fr.paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2020 3:44 PM

It works perfectly on iPad.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2020 4:08 PM

DAL:

The CNTTS works on Mobile devices according to Accordance.  The rest that you mentioned I don’t know.

I don't know where I left my brain today! When you asked about mss's clickable through CNTTS, I knew there was a web searchable source for the mss's (which might be a good clickable link in Logos:

http://www.csntm.org/Manuscript/ 

Which is the source for the Accordance mss imagery (major codices). Which is not CNTTS! My brain jumped the tracks. Isn't that (or me) crazy. Don't answer!

Thank you, and also Friar Paul (hope I got the title right).  I still want the CSNTM imagery ... ha.

Posts 63
fr.paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2020 4:14 PM

Dear Denise,

you’re welcome SmileYes

Posts 8912
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2020 5:49 PM

Denise:

DAL:

I don't know where I left my brain today! When you asked about mss's clickable through CNTTS, I knew there was a web searchable source for the mss's (which might be a good clickable link in Logos:

Which is the source for the Accordance mss imagery (major codices). Which is not CNTTS! My brain jumped the tracks. Isn't that (or me) crazy. Don't answer!

Thank you, and also Friar Paul (hope I got the title right).  I still want the CSNTM imagery ... ha.

Ah, so I have to buy the CSNTM to click on the CNTTS and get images? Meaning, those two go hand in hand? The images are on sale too. I’m liking what I see so far, so anything that can supplement will be fine.

DAL

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2020 6:04 PM

DAL:
Ah, so I have to buy the CSNTM to click on the CNTTS and get images? Meaning, those two go hand in hand? The images are on sale too. I’m liking what I see so far, so anything that can supplement will be fine.

In Accordance, I've no idea, but I was careful with my nomenclature ... Accordance's in-house imagery is the major codices (eg Alexandrinus, Vaticanus, etc) ... which make up a sizable chunk of backbone for the greek Bible .... but are peanuts among mss copies in CNTTS that stretch across centuries. Ergo, the Accordance imagery and CNTTS don't cross significant paths. But CNTTS and the above link would seem to be useful.

Right now, I'm in a book that's discussing Acts from a mss POV, and the Accordance imagery would sure be helpful (motivating, since, yes, I COULD use the web).  I wish Logos had more mss-discussing resources, but I doubt that's a road the evangels want to travel.

Posts 8912
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2020 6:14 PM

Got it! Thanks Denise!

DAL

Posts 25762
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2020 10:43 PM

Denise:

Access to many of the manuscripts is available through the Manuscript Interactives

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2020 5:53 AM

Thank you, Graham. I thought I remembered such ... late Logos6!  Now'ers. Although Wallace's design is a whole lot quicker.

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS