NT Use of the OT does not remember last used position when saving a layout

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 62
Geoff Johnson | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 17 2020 4:31 PM

When I choose to "Update Layout," the positions of most resources are marked so that the next time I open the layout, they return to their last-used positions. But the NT Use of the OT is not one of those. Every time I open the layout, the resource has returned to the default settings, having no filter applied and sorted by the New Testament references. 

Every time I resume my study, I have to go back down and select the OT book I'm studying and then choose Source again as the sorting preference. 

Is there a chance you can let the NT Use of the OT interactive tool work like the other resources and remember my last choices for the saved layout?

Posts 2902
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2020 7:17 PM

Geoff Johnson:

When I choose to "Update Layout," the positions of most resources are marked so that the next time I open the layout, they return to their last-used positions. But the NT Use of the OT is not one of those. Every time I open the layout, the resource has returned to the default settings, having no filter applied and sorted by the New Testament references. 

Every time I resume my study, I have to go back down and select the OT book I'm studying and then choose Source again as the sorting preference. 

Is there a chance you can let the NT Use of the OT interactive tool work like the other resources and remember my last choices for the saved layout?

Report this behavior as a bug.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.2.3

Posts 62
Geoff Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2020 7:25 PM

Do I just add the word BUG in front of the post title? I see that on other posts. Is there another way to report it officially as a bug?

Posts 2902
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2020 7:53 PM

Geoff Johnson:

Do I just add the word BUG in front of the post title? I see that on other posts. Is there another way to report it officially as a bug?

That should do.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.2.3

Posts 744
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2020 8:50 PM

I just looked and many of the faceted interactives or tools will not reopen with a filter applied.

They all reset when reopened in a layout, so you may want to mention that also and give a few examples, such as, Library, Septuagint Manuscript Explorer, Miracles of the Bible.

The Notes tool however does remember it's selected filters.

The new Feedback Boards would be a good place to post the report also, referencing this thread. If not a bug then it can be treated as a suggestion.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS