Six of one...or ...For da yutes!

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5091
David Paul | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 18 2020 5:15 PM

Browsing my library...came across this bizarre sight...

Are these the same book??? If so, why??

Not only do I have to deal with this bundle bulge (or is that bilge?), but I've got to deal with it twice!

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, 64gb 3600 RAM, 2tb m.2 EVO Pro Plus SSD (x2), 12tb Seagate Barracuda (x2)...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 30839
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2020 5:29 PM

The most common reason is that you bought the ebook which got upgraded (for free) to a Logos version.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 28886
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2020 7:10 PM

As far as I can tell, FL doesn't sell this title. Also, it appears that the "correct" title is The Disconnect: Bridging the Youth Pastor and Senior Pastor Gap

What does the "edition" column have in the library for each? 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 5091
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2020 7:31 PM

JT (alabama24):
What does the "edition" column have in the library for each?

This what you're after?

The publisher is Group Publishing.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, 64gb 3600 RAM, 2tb m.2 EVO Pro Plus SSD (x2), 12tb Seagate Barracuda (x2)...and other mechano-digital happiness.

Posts 5091
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2020 7:34 PM

MJ. Smith:

The most common reason is that you bought the ebook which got upgraded (for free) to a Logos version.

I assume I would only have an ebook if it were an intentional purchase, and would never purchase bloat like this unless I was in a laudanum induced swoon.

The pics posted for JT show both are Logos editions.

Posts 28886
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2020 8:36 PM

David Paul:
This what you're after?

Yes. I <think> this eliminates MJ's theory (which might have been mine too under other circumstances). 

Do the book covers have the different titles? I can find a used PRINT copy with the title I listed above. I can't find anything on a book with the alternate title. And again, this doesn't appear to be on FL's website, so no product page. 

Were you a Word Search user? Is it possible that this came in over from that? 

Posts 186
TWBeining | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2020 8:47 PM

I wonder if they are meant to be a set so to speak. View of Senior to Youth in one book and the view of Youth to Senior in the other.

Posts 186
TWBeining | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2020 8:51 PM

Kind of like this set. https://www.logos.com/product/26686/for-calvinism-and-against-calvinism

Please note I said kind of.

Posts 28886
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2020 9:00 PM

TWBeining:
I wonder if they are meant to be a set so to speak.

It may be... I had thought of that as well. And the book covers ARE different... I just can't read what they say. However, my google searching did not reveal the second book, only the first. 

Posts 186
TWBeining | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2020 9:26 PM

I guess it is up to David to read a bit of each book and tell us if they are the same or what the deal is.

Posts 5091
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2020 10:21 PM

TWBeining:

I guess it is up to David to read a bit of each book and tell us if they are the same or what the deal is.

Ugh!!! 2020, thou Terror!

Posts 5091
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2020 10:49 PM

Had I only known...

Okay, though I would prefer to snap my fingers and have these two things evaporate into the ether, here's my report:

First, I was not a WS user.

Anyway, the TOC for both is identical. Additionally, I have ss'd the copyright pages of both, and as you can see, the ISBN is the same for both books. I think they are identical, except for the names. Oddly, the names are transposed on the copyright pages just as they are listed in Logos, but the titles and covers appear to be the only substantial differences.

Posts 4696
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2020 6:01 AM

For reference/interest:

https://ref.ly/logos4/Factbook?ref=LLS%3aDSCNNCTSENPYTHP

https://ref.ly/logos4/Factbook?ref=LLS%3aDSCNNCTYTHPSENP

"The saints are the true interpreters of Holy Scripture. The meaning of a given passage of the Bible becomes most intelligible in those human beings who have been totally transfixed by it and have lived it out." - Pope Benedict XVI

Posts 28886
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2020 7:02 AM

SineNomine:
For reference/interest:

Do you know any background on the resources? They don't appear in the store and I don't own them, so the links are broken for me. 

Posts 4696
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2020 7:06 AM

JT (alabama24):
Do you know any background on the resources?

All I know is where to find their entries in Factbook.

"The saints are the true interpreters of Holy Scripture. The meaning of a given passage of the Bible becomes most intelligible in those human beings who have been totally transfixed by it and have lived it out." - Pope Benedict XVI

Posts 28886
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2020 7:27 AM

SineNomine:
All I know is where to find their entries in Factbook

It is my understanding that the results from Factbook come from the resources you own, right? Or am I mistaken? The links you gave me are broken.

Posts 4696
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2020 5:24 PM

JT (alabama24):
Or am I mistaken?

You are.

Posts 28886
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2020 9:18 PM

What topic did you choose to get those resources listed?

Posts 23958
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2020 10:57 PM

JT (alabama24):

Try The Disconnect

Posts 4696
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2020 5:57 PM

JT (alabama24):

I think I tried "Bridging".

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS