Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 500
xnman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 29 2020 4:24 PM

One feature I used a lot in WS was the ability to create documents that were not Bible specific.  For example I could do something like the following...

Chapter     Happening

1  -  Ascension of Jesus and Mathias chosen to replace Judas Iscariot

2  -  Coming of Holy Spirit, Begining of church

3  -  Peter heals lame man

Which is only part of the file...  but I could make my own outlines, documents, etc in WS and have everything in one place when I continued my study.  I made my own outlines for books of the Bible, each in it's own document.

I see no place to do this in Logos and am wondering if my documents will be translated into something in Logos where I can't edit them as I continue my studies?

As an Navajo once told me... walk in another man's tracks and it is he that leads you.   I like to think for myself. Geeked

xn = Christan  man=man

Posts 33477
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2020 4:39 PM

Notes, clippings, and personal books are the tools that Logos provides for this. Which works best is a matter of personal preference and the editting features required.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 459
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2020 6:29 PM

xnman:

but I could make my own outlines, documents, etc in WS and have everything in one place when I continued my study.  I made my own outlines for books of the Bible, each in it's own document.

I see no place to do this in Logos...

1st a confession, I did not really use the word processor in W.S. very much but I am guessing that you were using that editor instead of creating a "User Book". 

And again I am "guessing" that for what you describe, the Sermon Editor (called Sermon Builder in Logos 9) would be your best tool.

Don't let its name fool you as it is really just a simple text editor (someone will jump me for calling it simple Wink ) with the additional ability to create PowerPoint slides for you.

See the screen shots below.

Select the "Docs" tool tab...Click the "New" drop-down Menu...Click on the "Sermon" Doc type from the displayed choices.

You'll get a screen something like this.

There are several "Sermon Editor" features you will most likely want to turn OFF to make the editor appear more like the W.S. equivalent.

On the LEFT Side you can toggle off the Outline side pane.

On the RIGHT side, you can toggle off the INFO pane. The letter "i" in a circle icon.

Then if you are getting the automatically generated slides, you can toggle their display off also from the Panel menu in the upper right (3 vertical dots).

You should end up with something like this.

You can arrange the screen/panels to your liking. Here I have a Bible open with the editor open below it.

When you want to re-open the doucment, you select the "Docs" tab and if you see the document in the list just click on it.

If you don't see your doc or are having a hard time locating it, you can use the Left side panel, choose the "Sermon" doc type to filter down to it.

Posts 500
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2020 7:40 PM

Roy  ---  Thanks for your schooling on Sermon Builder. I will definitely take it a step further...  Thanks again.

xn = Christan  man=man

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS