pseudepigraha

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1067
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 30 2020 1:30 PM

If I study pseudepigraphal books, how can Logos help me?

I have a lot of books in my personal library that refer to Enoch, for example, in their indices.  I have been making personal books of a lot of the indices of the books in my physical library, so I can refer to them when studying a passage or subject.  

But for these books, I'm not seeing Logos helping me.  I tried a passage guide on a passage in Enoch.  I got two  hits for a Greek word, but nothing else.

So there's really no point in even creating a personal book with references to Enoch, because Logos will not look them up.

Is this correct?

Posts 1791
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2020 2:17 PM

Have you tried the "Cited By" tool? If you do, you can create a link set between the Enoch, which you are reading, and the Cited by window, and it will search various collections and display all references to the passage. When I do this, I see many references from various Lexica in my library, but I could focus the results I want by creating various collections.

Of course, this only shows where there are actual links to the text you are reading - and not all Logos resources have the same level of linking to every datatype.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 1067
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2020 2:32 PM

I never heard of that.  I had to look for it.

That could do it.  

This gives me enough to continue my indexing and making personal books.

Thank you very much

Posts 678
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2020 8:58 PM

Make sure your library has good resources from authors like JH Charlesworth, RH Charles, S Docherty, and recent release by Daniel Gurtner.

Posts 1067
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2020 6:13 AM

thank you

I had never heard of Docherty or Gurtner, though I have some of Gurtner's books.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS