Verbum 360 Training Videos for Verbum 9!!!

Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 31 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5203
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 1 2020 3:09 PM

The new Verbum 360 training videos for Verbum 9 have just been released. Yay! Buy a Verbum 9 base package or feature set, or subscribe to Verbum Now, to get them. I'm looking forward to diving in soon myself.

What's strange to me is that "Logos 9 Update" presently appears in the resource title of this Verbum 9 training resource... Oops!

Posts 295
LogosEmployee

They'll be coming to YouTube soon too.

Posts 234
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2020 3:33 PM

So great to see these. A hearty thanks again to Fr. Devin and Fr. Andrew for all of their training videos! These have really helped me get some better mileage out of my Verbum collection.

Posts 997
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2020 3:34 PM

SineNomine:

The new Verbum 360 training videos for Verbum 9 have just been released. Yay! Buy a Verbum 9 base package or feature set, or subscribe to Verbum Now, to get them. I'm looking forward to diving in soon myself.

What's strange to me is that "Logos 9 Update" presently appears in the resource title of this Verbum 9 training resource... Oops!

I'm super excited about this. I've always thought Verbum training was better than Logos training.

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2020 3:47 PM

That’s great, but I can’t find a product page for them. Are they not also sold separately?

Is there any discount for customers who own the older version?

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 997
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2020 4:02 PM

PetahChristian:

That’s great, but I can’t find a product page for them. Are they not also sold separately?

If you have any Verbum 9 package it should have downloaded for you today. Mine just downloaded, I have Starter and Academic Essentials.

Posts 186
TWBeining | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2020 4:28 PM

Great to see these. Thanks to all involved in making these! Yes Yes

Posts 5203
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2020 5:53 PM

PetahChristian:
Are they not also sold separately?

Not presently, but you probably just asked in the right thread.

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2020 6:01 PM

Kiyah:

PetahChristian:

If you have any Verbum 9 package it should have downloaded for you today. Mine just downloaded, I have Starter and Academic Essentials.

I don't own any Verbum package. I had purchased the older videos separately.

Are these the older videos upgraded to Verbum 9, or a new addition to the existing Verbum 360 series? How many videos? Which base packages are they included in?

A product page would help to answer these questions.

Posts 5203
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2020 6:22 PM

PetahChristian:
Are these the older videos upgraded to Verbum 9, or a new addition to the existing Verbum 360 series?

It's a new resource. The old Verbum 360 isn't included in any Verbum 9 packages.

PetahChristian:
How many videos?

Twenty.

PetahChristian:
Which base packages are they included in?

They're in the Verbum 9 Starter Feature Set, so any Verbum Feature Set or Base Package or Verbum Now subscription will get the job done.

*Edited to correct number of videos.

Posts 997
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2020 6:34 PM

PetahChristian:
A product page would help to answer these questions.

True. They definitely need a product page.

PetahChristian:
Are these the older videos upgraded to Verbum 9, or a new addition to the existing Verbum 360 series?

The videos are totally new for Verbum 9, not simply updated or added.

PetahChristian:
How many videos?

20 videos ranging from about 4 to 25 minutes long. The average seems to be between roughly 15-20 min each.

PetahChristian:
Which base packages are they included in?

All of the Verbum 9 packages have them since they're included in all the feature sets (Starter through Full and Academic)

Posts 5203
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2020 6:45 PM

Deleted.

Posts 997
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2020 6:49 PM

SineNomine:

Kiyah:

PetahChristian:
How many videos?

20 videos ranging from about 4 to 25 minutes long. The average seems to be between roughly 15-20 min each.

The discrepancy between my twenty-one and Kiyah's 20 is the brief introductory Overview video.

The "Overview" is not a video but a page that lists all the videos in the course. There are 20 actual videos including the Welcome video, 19 videos of actual training.

Posts 5203
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2020 7:05 PM

Kiyah:
The "Overview" is not a video but a page that lists all the videos in the course. There are 20 actual videos including the Welcome video, 19 videos of actual training.

You are correct. This is not my evening for reading carefully.

Posts 997
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2020 7:25 PM

SineNomine:

Kiyah:

You are correct. This is not my evening for reading carefully.

No worries. I made the same mistake initially.

Petah's right, they need a product page with a breakdown of all of this including sample videos as they do with other courses.

My initial review: These are done differently than previous Verbum training courses, less scripted and polished (COVID edition?). More casual like someone sitting next to you just showing you the software at a desk. Some people might like that, but I think they could have benefited from a script.

I'd definitely wait for a product page with sample videos if I wasn't sure before buying anything. If the only reason you're buying a Verbum package is to get Verbum 360 I'd hold off until they get the product page up with a few sample videos. Otherwise, if there's something else in a Verbum package you actually want, you will get Verbum 360 along with that.

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2020 7:44 PM

Thanks, SineNomine and Kiyah!

I'll hold off for a product page to ensure I understand what I'd get.

Posts 295
LogosEmployee

These will be coming up on Youtube shortly. I'll post links once they're available there.

Posts 234
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2020 9:18 AM

A quick fix: the title of the second "Study a Bible Passage" should say (2/2) not (1/2).

Posts 1523
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2020 9:51 AM

Kevin Clemens:

So great to see these. A hearty thanks again to Fr. Devin and Fr. Andrew for all of their training videos! These have really helped me get some better mileage out of my Verbum collection.

Thanks Kevin! Glad to hear they have been helpful, and hope these ones will be as well.

This series offers a bit over 5 hours of training. It gives a pretty complete overview of the whole software, and also tries to introduce some of the reasons why you might want to use the tools. It covers more than what we covered in the previous Verbum 360 series.

As Kiyah mentioned, these are not scripted, but they are based on a detailed outline which we developed for the entire series before filming any of them. Doing it that way was a conscious decision, and the feeling of someone sitting across the desk from you explaining the software is what we were looking for! Obviously each style has its advantages and disadvantages. This is also the first time we are doing this style, so I'm sure we have a lot to learn too. Smile

When the videos are on YouTube they'll include the new YouTube chapter divisions inside of each video, which will allow you to easily navigate to the part of the video that interests you, or skip to the next section of the video whenever you like. Hopefully people will find that useful!

Posts 234
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2020 10:31 AM

Fr Devin Roza:
Thanks Kevin! Glad to hear they have been helpful, and hope these ones will be as well.

Yes indeed! I did not know about shift-clicking when sorting my library; a fun trick to pick up. (And for my two cents, I prefer the more conversational approach that these recent videos take for entry level videos; it makes sense that the series on academic/homiletic/search are more formal in their tone).

Also, Verbum should really consider inviting you to do a Mobile Ed Course - perhaps built around your book Fulfilled in Christ  and exploring sacramental typology/symbolism (especially now that LOTH will be coming to Verbum in the not so distant future...).

Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS