Remove intrusive tool tips form Lexham Hebrew-English Interlinear Bible

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 24 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5430
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2020 10:44 AM

I was intending to mention this above but couldn't find an example earlier. While the extraneous and inappropriate pop-up discussed above needs to be addressed, I do not find it nearly as egregious as this LHI faux pas. In multiple hundreds of places in LHI, users are confronted with this abdication of responsibility by FL. As the pic below shows...

...there are numerous places where the user is told to MANUALLY "see KB & BDB". This is outrageous. If there is something worthy of the user's attention in those resources then Logos good and well ought to LINK TO THOSE RESOURCES!!! Telling the user to generically and indiscriminately "see" other resources fails to 1) indicate what the user is supposed to be looking for or why the user should follow this advice, and 2) if it is merely to "see" the corresponding lexical entry, then POST A LINK TO THAT (or those) ENTRY (-ies).

This falls into the same category as the still numerous unlinked citations and other dead links in Logos that have never been activated. Apart from adding missing L3 functionality to the current build, there is nothing that is of a higher priority to resolve in Logos.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 33767
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2020 11:02 AM

Poor me. I thought that if I hovered on a footnote (or other annotation symbol) I should expect to see the footnote. You're telling me I shouldn't and that there is another esoteric method of seeing footnotes? more esoteric than switching to page mode? 

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5430
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2020 11:44 AM

MJ. Smith:

Poor me. I thought that if I hovered on a footnote (or other annotation symbol) I should expect to see the footnote. You're telling me I shouldn't and that there is another esoteric method of seeing footnotes? more esoteric than switching to page mode? 

You act as though LHI isn't a Lexham product and therefore under the full authority and control of FL. FL publishes LHI, so whatever it contains is within their purview and responsibility. Your pedestrian "but that's what it says" comment about footnotes entirely misses the point...points, actually. First, WHY have a footnote of such an unhelpful nature? Second, if you do in fact believe that there is value in the idea (see "x"), follow through!! Plain and simple, THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY DO WITH THE ADJACENT FOOTNOTE.

If Lexham can include the link for Swanson, they can just as easily include the links for HALOT & BDB. Easy-peasy and consistent...not to mention, the right thing to do.

Sometimes, MJ, I think you argue with me just because it's me.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

Posts 33767
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2020 5:25 PM

David Paul:
Sometimes, MJ, I think you argue with me just because it's me.

You do tempt me. Dad and I used to drive Mother nuts while we enjoyed a verbal logic match ...

David Paul:
You act as though LHI isn't a Lexham product and therefore under the full authority and control of FL

No, I just value consistency in behavior more than you while you value convenience in a specific instance more than I.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5430
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2020 5:58 AM

MJ. Smith:
No, I just value consistency in behavior more than you while you value convenience in a specific instance more than I.

Hmmmmm...Confused

I thought for sure I was advocating for consistency of how HALOT & BDB are handled in line with how DBLH is presented.

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS