Logos 6

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Chris Liebenberg | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 15 2020 11:22 PM

I have not used my Logos programme for a couple of years. Is it possible to access my old account and will it be possible to have access to the books and commentaries of my old account. Or, what do I need to do to get Logos 9. Your help will be much appreciated!

Posts 8485
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2020 11:41 PM

Contact Customer Service and they will set you up 👍😁👌

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2020 11:50 PM

Chris Liebenberg:
Is it possible to access my old account and will it be possible to have access to the books and commentaries of my old account.

Hi Chris and welcome back.

In your shoes, I would download a new installation from the website (anywhere is says 'download logos') and then sign in with the details (username and password) that you used originally.

This should, after downloading and indexing, give you a working copy of Logos 8 with all the resources you own. Once that is done you can consider what you need and whether it will be worth purchasing Logos 9 resources and features.

Do let us know how you get on - and don't be a stranger again  :-)

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 1869
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2020 3:20 AM

I would recommend the following.

1) Make sure you know your old customer id and password.

2) Log into Logos.com.

3) "Buy" Logos 8 Basic free rental to get a few free dataset rentals - especially the Reverse Interlinears.

4) Follow the link it gives you to install everything for which you now have a license. If you were indeed logged into Logos.com with your old id, this will include everything you had from Logos 6.

If you do not have the log in credentials for your old account, you will have to talk with customer service and convince them that you are you...

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 29918
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2020 6:20 AM

Welcome Chris! Smile

Chris Liebenberg:
Is it possible to access my old account and will it be possible to have access to the books and commentaries of my old account. Or, what do I need to do to get Logos 9.

The other gentlemen have answered you well, but there was one thing I wanted to touch on. 

The software is always free, but you pay for resources and some features. The result of this is that Yes!, you can still access your books and commentaries. It is true that the newest version of the app is "Logos 9," but when Faithlife releases new versions, they go for a time only offering the newest engine to either 1) those who make a purchase or 2) "Faithlife Connect" subscribers (a subscription service to the features). 

The Logos 9 engine will be available to you gratis at a later date, likely in the early spring time. "Purchasing" Logos 8 Basic (for free) will gain you access to the newest version of the L8 engine, as well as temporary licenses to some other features and resources. As the others mentioned, that is your best route. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS