Not available in your country messing up search on Logos.com

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1131
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 29 2020 12:41 PM

I was searching for The Open and Unafraid just now and in the search box on logos.com it shows the book complete with its subtitle but when the results come there is only a Baker Academic OT bundle displayed which has nothing to do with this book. There is no indication as to why the book is not showing.

Posts 2773
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2020 2:40 PM

I second that. Whereas the option to hide unavailable books is generally good, and a welcome feature to the site, it can cause confusion.

Just a small note on top of the search results that some items have been hidded due to country restrictions would be extremely helpful.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Posts 19197
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2020 2:59 PM

I would still want to have those books show up in the search results, with just a note saying they aren't available for me to purchase. Then I can at least read about them, and if I'm interested in purchasing them some other way (e.g., from Amazon), I can do it. I often find that I can purchase in Kindle a book that Logos won't let me purchase. I don't quite get why Faithlife cannot secure the right to sell those books to people outside of the US when Amazon can, but whatever.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS