How to report desired additions/corrections to a dataset?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 340
Michel Pauw | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 3 2021 5:05 AM

Deuteronomy starts with a long discourse Deut. 1:6 all the way through Deut. 4:40, which is all spoken by Moses. However, Logos has only tagged Deut. 1:6 - 2:34a as being spoken by Moses ({Speaker <Person Moses>}. 

As a result, trying to find passages where Moses pleads (like with: <Sense to plead> AND {Speaker <Person Moses>} won't include Deut. 3:23. 

Basically, Deut. 2:34b - 4:40 should get the label {Speaker <Person Moses>}. 

How do we best report this to the right people? 

Posts 340
Michel Pauw | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2021 5:17 AM

Found the answer myself: 

Posts 340
Michel Pauw | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2021 5:20 AM

Found the answer myself: 

Posts 340
Michel Pauw | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2021 5:21 AM

Posts 26497
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2021 5:06 PM

Michel Pauw:
Deuteronomy starts with a long discourse Deut. 1:6 all the way through Deut. 4:40, which is all spoken by Moses.

I would agree. The narrative is in the first person, prefaced as words spoken by Moses, and only switches to the third person after 4:40.

Michel Pauw:
However, Logos has only tagged Deut. 1:6 - 2:34a as being spoken by Moses ({Speaker <Person Moses>}.

The range includes Dt 3:18-25, excluding Dt 3:23

Michel Pauw:
As a result, trying to find passages where Moses pleads (like with: <Sense to plead> AND {Speaker <Person Moses>} won't include Deut. 3:23

A Bible Search won't find it because Dt 3:23 has the <Sense..> but not the {Speaker...}. So you have to use a Basic Search!

If you wanted it as part of the speech, you would use <Sense to plead> WITHIN {Speaker <Person Moses>}, and that would work in a Bible Search if the {Speaker...} tagging was accurate.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS